Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Eddie Izzard

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The bright new board seems to have persuaded me to get involved in 'political' threads rather than Albion ones, just once.
I come here to write about the Albion. If you want the other stuff it's on my Facebook page, every day. That's the only plug for it I'll do on here and this is the only 'political' comment I'll do on here.
Forty years ago Lee Anderson would have had no hair and DMs: he'd have tried to attack our gigs and been thrown out with the rest of his bonehead mates. He would have scabbed during the miners' strike.
Now he's an MP.
This shows what a disgusting cesspit of filth the Tory Party has become.
Back to football :)
Just typical of anything near political on here, over the top comments. What do Rosie Duffields comments say about her her party.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
30p Lee was in the Labour party until he received a Community Order from the police, and Labour threw him out. He also got a mate to open the door when he was canvassing in 2019, and was then found out.
So he is a thug, a liar, a deceiver and a very nasty piece of work regardless of his views on gender etc

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Love him or hate him, he’s a decent person who‘s done some great things to help charitable causes.

Does he deserve this sort of abuse from an MP?

I love him.

He deserves abuse from nobody.

Maybe the time has come to redefine public toilet options. Stand up to piss or not? Bin off the M&F and in their place have drawings of todgers or vertical bacon sandwiches.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Seems that many Tory MPs have little to offer these days except derogatory comments, insults, name-calling and applying pejorative labels to people - Braverman's recent "Guardian-reading, tofu-eating, Wokerati" being a good example.

Of course, whenever anyone calls these people out for their insults and smears, the response is invariably "Oh diddums, you snowflakes are trying to take away my freedom-of-speech."). It's endless gaslighting and goading, and then playing the victim when they're challenged.

The Party which has produced such prominent leaders as Benjamin Disraeli, Stanley Baldwin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, and (it pains me to acknowledge) Margaret Thatcher really seems to have sunk into the gutter.

The Tories are now the Party of 'culture wars', dog-whistle politics and divide-and-rule, which panders to the prejudices of elderly Daily Mail readers and the uneducated - in 2019, far more of the working-class voted Conservative than the middle class; I know a few ex-Tories - including a local councilor until May this year but who has resigned from the council and the Party - who are now embarrassed and disgusted by what today's Tory Party has degenerated into, and who it is pandering to. It may have won the Red Wall in the north, but in southern England, the Blue Wall is starting to crumble.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I love him.

He deserves abuse from nobody.

Maybe the time has come to redefine public toilet options. Stand up to piss or not? Bin off the M&F and in their place have drawings of todgers or vertical bacon sandwiches.

" I love him . He deserves abuse from nobody " are you sure ?

She might not be happy with the misgendering there , after all she has been in girl mode for almost 2 years now .

Eddie Izzard has adopted the pronouns “she” and “her”, saying she wants “to be based in girl mode from now on”.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Britain would be a better place with more Eddie Izzards and fewer Lee Andersons

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Izzard is not he anymore, she is now most definitely she.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Great news for Eddie Izzard fans if confirmed .

Eddie Izzard lands Sherlock role and will don famous sleuth's cape for new drama series​

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Seems that many Tory MPs have little to offer these days except derogatory comments, insults, name-calling and applying pejorative labels to people - Braverman's recent "Guardian-reading, tofu-eating, Wokerati" being a good example.

Of course, whenever anyone calls these people out for their insults and smears, the response is invariably "Oh diddums, you snowflakes are trying to take away my freedom-of-speech."). It's endless gaslighting and goading, and then playing the victim when they're challenged.

The Party which has produced such prominent leaders as Benjamin Disraeli, Stanley Baldwin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, and (it pains me to acknowledge) Margaret Thatcher really seems to have sunk into the gutter.

The Tories are now the Party of 'culture wars', dog-whistle politics and divide-and-rule, which panders to the prejudices of elderly Daily Mail readers and the uneducated - in 2019, far more of the working-class voted Conservative than the middle class; I know a few ex-Tories - including a local councilor until May this year but who has resigned from the council and the Party - who are now embarrassed and disgusted by what today's Tory Party has degenerated into, and who it is pandering to. It may have won the Red Wall in the north, but in southern England, the Blue Wall is starting to crumble.
Not comfortable with terms like working or middle class in a modern situation but it's not unusual for lower paid people to vote Tory. In the past lots voted Tory as it was an anticatholic(Irish) vote. In rural areas it's often anti urban/townee vote. They believed what their 'masters" said about threats to their livelihoods.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
" I love him . He deserves abuse from nobody " are you sure ?

She might not be happy with the misgendering there , after all she has been in girl mode for almost 2 years now .

Eddie Izzard has adopted the pronouns “she” and “her”, saying she wants “to be based in girl mode from now on”.
It seems to me that the whole choose your own preferred pronouns thing is a bit of a fad (though I could be proven wrong on that). It just isn't worth getting upset over a male being referred to as him, or a female as her.

I was going to write a longer post from here, but it was getting pretentious. So I'll shorten it to just saying that nobody should be bothered by how people present or who they snog in this day and age.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It seems to me that the whole choose your own preferred pronouns thing is a bit of a fad (though I could be proven wrong on that). It just isn't worth getting upset over a male being referred to as him, or a female as her.

I was going to write a longer post from here, but it was getting pretentious. So I'll shorten it to just saying that nobody should be bothered by how people present or who they snog in this day and age.
If someone what's me to call them certain pronouns I can do my best to do that. If they want me to call them then or they I can do my best to do that too.

I agree that it may be trendy for some people at the moment and perhaps this fad aspect may diminish in time and leave people who it affects more fully.

Either way I am happy to support them if that is what they want. Just like if people want me to pronounce their name differently.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great news for Eddie Izzard fans if confirmed .

Eddie Izzard lands Sherlock role and will don famous sleuth's cape for new drama series​

"It is not clear whether her Sherlock will be played as a trans woman or as a man." Indeed. It it would seem counter-intuitive for him to identify as a woman then take a male role.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Argus Comments being uncharacteristically restrained on this one, apart from reasonably pointing out that:

a) prospective candidate has no real connection to the town
b) prospective candidate is a Palace fan

Just typical of anything near political on here, over the top comments. What do Rosie Duffields comments say about her her party.
They say Labour aren't as huge, world-class transphobic bigots as Duffield is? Just the acceptable amount of bigotry for them, mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here