Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Izzard thinks Palace will win the Premiership.....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As soggy mentioned it's not cpfc2010 's debt . As for £100 k a week :)

I don't understand how can your fans be so against modern football when your club has only existed for five years.

DavePage

images.jpg
Eddie’s design for the new Palace kit . No defence would want to come anywhere near them.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
As soggy mentioned it's not cpfc2010 's debt . As for £100 k a week :)

A genuine question and not a dig. If Yonas Kebab gets a 100K a week, then who's Palace's next best paid player. I would think they would be taking home maybe 40K, 50K a week at a push. This contract will just set a precedent in the dressing room making your wage bill sky rocket IMHO. Players like Zaha and Bolaise will definitely want parity in wages.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
A genuine question and not a dig. If Yonas Kebab gets a 100K a week, then who's Palace's next best paid player. I would think they would be taking home maybe 40K, 50K a week at a push. This contract will just set a precedent in the dressing room making your wage bill sky rocket IMHO. Players like Zaha and Bolaise will definitely want parity in wages.

Kebab won't get anywhere near 100k/week. Probably 70k at the absolute maximum. Players like Zaha and Bolasie won't expect parity in wages with Champions League players until they themselves are Champions League players. If the rumours are true and we're offering Dann a new contract, he'll probably be on 50k/week and I reckon he'd be our next most expensive player. If the Charlie Austin rumours are true, he'd probably get a similar amount to Cabaye. Footballers aren't the most intelligent chaps, but they're not so stupid that they'd expect the same wages as the best player we've signed since Lombardo.

As for what Eddie Izzard said, he was joking. He said that as we finished 11th in our first season and 10th last season, it's only logical that we'd win the league in the next 10 years. I do not believe he seriously thinks we will win the Premier League.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He won't get that and we won't pay that amount . I e read somewhere he was on £55 k at PSG so I'd assume he will be on something similar at palace ( bonuses not included ) . We will be very careful not to upset the dressing room but he will become our top earner without a doubt .
I will be delighted if we sign him and the other players we are being strongly linked with , it shows what can be achieved in a short space of time with a bit of passion and a little bit of luck :wink:

Regarding eddies quip , I wouldn't take it too literally . In a way he is factully correct but I feel we will come up short and the champions league spot will be our peak :smile:

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think that's why Southampton's owners paid every penny owed in the administration when they purchased the Saints to take them out of admin.

I seem to remember that this had been discussed before and they (the new owners) didn't pay for their ground in full or debts to the previous owners. Could be wrong though but I'm sure that someone posted a link when it was previously discussed.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Was it this report taken from here http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/southampton-saints-alive.html

Just as it looked like the club would have to fold, the cavalry arrived in the shape of Markus Liebherr, whose DMWSL 613 Limited acquired the share capital of the football club (and other group companies) from the administrators of Southampton Leisure Holdings Plc on 8 July 2009. Not only did the new owner save the club, but he also paid the debts in full, as opposed to many new owners who only pay a few pennies in the pound (Crystal Palace) for debts owed, leaving many small business and public authorities out of pocket

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Kebab won't get anywhere near 100k/week. Probably 70k at the absolute maximum. Players like Zaha and Bolasie won't expect parity in wages with Champions League players until they themselves are Champions League players. If the rumours are true and we're offering Dann a new contract, he'll probably be on 50k/week and I reckon he'd be our next most expensive player. If the Charlie Austin rumours are true, he'd probably get a similar amount to Cabaye. Footballers aren't the most intelligent chaps, but they're not so stupid that they'd expect the same wages as the best player we've signed since Lombardo.

As for what Eddie Izzard said, he was joking. He said that as we finished 11th in our first season and 10th last season, it's only logical that we'd win the league in the next 10 years. I do not believe he seriously thinks we will win the Premier League.

He won't get that and we won't pay that amount . I e read somewhere he was on £55 k at PSG so I'd assume he will be on something similar at palace ( bonuses not included ) . We will be very careful not to upset the dressing room but he will become our top earner without a doubt .
I will be delighted if we sign him and the other players we are being strongly linked with , it shows what can be achieved in a short space of time with a bit of passion and a little bit of luck :wink:

Regarding eddies quip , I wouldn't take it too literally . In a way he is factully correct but I feel we will come up short and the champions league spot will be our peak :smile:

Maybe Aidy Ward can give them some career advice on how to get that kind of money.

Jan 30, 2008
I think the man needs a reality check...........

'Palace will be champions' :FFSPuncheon

I have been a Crystal Palace fan since Uncle John took me to my first match at Selhurst Park in 1969 :wrong:. My worst moment as a Palace fan? That would have to be when we lost to Southampton in the FA Cup semi-final in 1976.

It was the Malcolm Allison era. I was really into it and he was rock and roll :rock:. He wore a fedora :safeway:, we were in the old Third Division. I was painting the door of the garage with my brother and listening to it on the radio. We lost 2-0... it was tragic. :lolol:
Recently we have had Tony Pulis and we thought 'wow' after he got to 11th :yawn:. Now we've just had the Alan Pardew season and he got to 10th :bla:. So on this basis we're just going to go up one place in the table a year and in fewer than 10 years' time... we'll be champions! :facepalm:

JUST AS CONFUSED ABOUT HIS DRESS SENSE
regards
DR

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's weird and not in the least funny plus f**ked up in the head, nothing else needs to be said.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not read all the comments, but are we really taking this at face value and not assuming it is tongue in cheek?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Eddie Izzard also thinks dressing up as a woman is normal and actually declares his occupation as a comedian.

Well it's not and he's not in the remotest bit funny. Got free tickets for his gig at Brighton Centre about a year ago, left after 30 mins through sheer boredom!

Maybe he can dress up as a women like he did for the Labour Party when canvassing for them, cos that worked out well didn't it!!! and become one of the Palace cheer leaders!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Eddie Izzard also thinks dressing up as a woman is normal and actually declares his occupation as a comedian.

Well it's not and he's not in the remotest bit funny. Got free tickets for his gig at Brighton Centre about a year ago, left after 30 mins through sheer boredom!

Maybe he can dress up as a women like he did for the Labour Party when canvassing for them, cos that worked out well didn't it!!! and become one of the Palace cheer leaders!

Celebrity fans are such tossers aren't they.. . I mean look at your most famous fan... Fatboyslim... Used to support us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here