• No, No

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Looney does chickens

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
When they come here either work OR benefits is a better option than where they came.

If you want em surely you need to make sure theres enough room for em first?

Could you quote me an example of a newly arrived "economic migrant" that has an entitlement to state benefits under existing UK law ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I never fail to laugh at the huge number of muppets who leave these sceptred Isles because theyre fed up with working 8 hours a day 5 days a week in london either in the city or wherever only to exchange it for 15 hours a day 7 days aweek running a bar or hotel in the sun , which they never get to see.

On the subject of economic migrants , should they be allowed in, Yes providing that they have a job to go to and dont have a criminal record . Brits going the other way, surely thats a matter for their host countries.For my part im pleased to see them go as more often than not theyre wingers and moaners

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
tedebear said:
My beef with the immigration department (may have told you this before) is that I have been in this country 4 1/2 years - same job, good money, self supporting, paying taxes and mortgage.....and by rights after 4 years in this country and being able to prove I can sustain myself they should grant me indefinite leave to remain - which means I can get a job closer to home (poss Brighton) and support my local community more!!

However the spanner got thrown in the works as mid way between the four years I had to change my work permit - so what they are saying is that I haven't served 4 years consistently on the one permit - so I need to work another 3 1/2 years on this new permit before they will consider giving me indefinite leave to remain.....meaning I have to stay with the one employer for the next 4 years - fat chance!!

It really smacks of paper shuffling and they took £160 off us for the pleasure of telling us this!! I haven't done anything wrong at all - and am being punished for it....:angry:

I am sorry to hear your diffficulties, tedebear, but did you not know the conditions of your original work permit? I would have thought that, by law, the immigration authorities would have to stipulate your conditions of leave to remain in the UK. If the conditions were set out, and you knowingly changed your work permit, then maybe they have a point. I know its tough but the Immigration Rules stipulate conditions of stay. As to the charges you had to pay, I am afraid I think it is right that the UK has started charging for immigration applications, especially since we are the only country in the EU, or is the world, that did not charge until recently. At least it will help recoup some of the expenditure this country pays out for people coming to live and work here, ie the national health service, schools, etc.

I am sorry that the system hasn't worked for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here