Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] ECHR

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I don't often buy meat these days, usually just an enormous chicken for Christmas, but when I do I buy from a particular farm somewhere in the Midlands. It's massively more expensive than buying a slimy water logged chicken breast from Tesco but I'm much happier about it, ethically speaking.

Though I'm basically vegetarian these days so perhaps this Christmas I won't even bother with that.
When I saw that programme I was living in the States - and it really shocked me to the core. It featured Perdue, one of the major chicken producers over there for supermarkets. After that I stopped buying their products in stores. At the moment in the UK the major supermarket chains all seem to be backing and promoting higher welfare conditions for chickens which is good, I would hate to see us become like the States where only a few per cent of chickens are free range and their chickens are routinely chlorinated to remove harmful bacteria

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Face it the government would rather we were discussing the ECHR than the 7.8m waiting listing on the NHS.

If you're poor you suffer in pain for 2 years, if you have the money you go private. Welcome to Tory Brexit Britain.

The question is are we going to the point UK citizens stop voting in governments that act against their own interests?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When I saw that programme I was living in the States - and it really shocked me to the core. It featured Perdue, one of the major chicken producers over there for supermarkets. After that I stopped buying their products in stores. At the moment in the UK the major supermarket chains all seem to be backing and promoting higher welfare conditions for chickens which is good, I would hate to see us become like the States where only a few per cent of chickens are free range and their chickens are routinely chlorinated to remove harmful bacteria
Higher welfare is just a bit better but not free range. In the UK only 3.5% of chicken is free range. And the catering in the catering industry its almost not existent.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Um - that only confirms what so many have said on here. That the Tory national government is supportive of ULEZ as a concept/policy. They've spotted a political football to kick around with the broader expansion Sadiq Khan is pushing, but the overall fact remains: the Tories are far more supportive of ULEZ than their London-based local branches would have us all believe.

Boris started ULEZ, Shapps linked TFL funding to the first expansion. Other Tories have commented on how successful it has been in improving inner-London air quality. It is nothing more than desperate political points-scoring and gaslighting for the Tories to now be putting it all on Sadiq Khan's plate.

Um - it shows that people should be wary of always believing what they read in their online echo chamber feeds ... especially when lecturing others about being easily fooled.

Not that the truth really matters, as I am sure that letter will appear again to supposedly show how Shapps pressured Khan into the latest expansion implying it was government policy all along.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Um - it shows that people should be wary of always believing what they read in their online echo chamber feeds ... especially when lecturing others about being easily fooled.

Not that the truth really matters, as I am sure that letter will appear again to supposedly show how Shapps pressured Khan into the latest expansion implying it was government policy all along.
You’ve ignore the last paragraph on your link from full fact, amended just today, stating it is government policy. I even put it into italics for you.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The Tories seem to be following the same playbook as the Republicans in the States and lurching ever further to the right, showing less compassion and determined to erode hard won human rights. Some of my Republican friends in the States say that party no longer represents them and their beliefs and I'm sure some Tory voters in this country are starting to think the same about the Conservative party
Well to be honest I came to that conclusion quite a long time ago. It’s a party that has lost all sense of morals and decency. I haven’t voted now for such a long time as sadly I don’t believe much of what is spouted by any of them. The old joke of ‘Q. how do you know when a politician is lying? A. when his lips are moving’ is truer now than ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here