Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay feedback

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not sure really, I pick up older shirts when I get the chance, or get offered them, and compare them with the ones I already have, then I choose which to keep, and which to and sell on. I'll be happy with whatever it sells for, and someone will get a cracking addition to their Albion collection.

Hopefully me!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Business e-bay sellers offering goods for sale at a fixed price are supposed to abide by the 'Distance Selling Regulations 2000' if the item is sold for a fixed price on a 'buy it now' basis. The regulations give you 7 days after receiving any goods purchased to cancel the purchase and demand a full refund of your money. You do not have to supply the seller with any reason as to why you want your money back, other than that you have changed your mind.

This is precisely to ensure that you are not conned out of your money by someone claiming to sell you a Rolls Royce and then delivering a Mini........ i.e. to ensure you are entirely happy with what you have purchased.

If the item is sold as a result of winning an auction, the regulations do not apply.

However a 'buy it now' transaction is also covered by the 'Sale of Goods' act, and in this case you have not been sold an item of merchantable quality, as it is faulty, again you are entitled to claim a full refund.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Has anyone sold an item on Ebay only for the buyer to renege on the deal.. it has happened twice to me .Both times i have not been able to get in touch with the buyer who has ignored all my emails.. It seems to me that Ebay does not seem to vbother that much about it

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Has anyone sold an item on Ebay only for the buyer to renege on the deal.. it has happened twice to me .Both times i have not been able to get in touch with the buyer who has ignored all my emails.. It seems to me that Ebay does not seem to vbother that much about it

Its happened to me a couple of times. One ignored me & the other strung me along with a load of crap about waiting for payday, then I heard no more when I emailed again. I've had my insertion fee refunded both times. However, the buyer who reneges on a deal gets no sanction AFAIK. Surely there should be a strike of some kind against an eBay members feedback when they renege on a purchase without good reason?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
No, there is no sanction on buyers because in law a contract only exists between buyer and seller AFTER money has changed hands.

All this stuff about entering a contract when you make a bid is just e-bay spouting bollocks.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Personally, I wouldn't have left feedback until the situation was resolved.

Ebay businesses rely on the feedback system, and there could be an acceptable reason as to why they didn't pick up your email. I would have at least chased a second time - 5 days is hardly the end of the world.

You've now given them even less reason to sort your situation out.

Not sure why you were in such a rush to leave the feedback so quickly, what did you think it would do, spur them on to keep you happy even though you've now recorded you're not?

I'd have got the situation sorted, got my refund/return, then left the feedback.

The feedback system is flawed, but most sellers want as high a number of transactions as possible with as a high a number +ve feedbacks as possible, opening multiple accounts does not achieve this.

5 days is more than enough for a business to respond to an email...

and about the feed back they messaged to 'remind' me to leave feedback.

They have since messaged to tell me a replacement has been sent........waiting out!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
5 days is more than enough for a business to respond to an email...

and about the feed back they messaged to 'remind' me to leave feedback.

They have since messaged to tell me a replacement has been sent........waiting out!!

So all in all not that bad a service really for ebay? Within 6 days you have a replacement sent.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Its happened to me a couple of times. One ignored me & the other strung me along with a load of crap about waiting for payday, then I heard no more when I emailed again. I've had my insertion fee refunded both times. However, the buyer who reneges on a deal gets no sanction AFAIK. Surely there should be a strike of some kind against an eBay members feedback when they renege on a purchase without good reason?

There is - of sorts. I've had several auctions over the years where winners have just never paid or got in touch. Now you can open a case against them fairly swiftly, and get your listing fee refunded, and they get a strike against them. Not sure how often they have to play silly buggers before they're banned. What it doesn't give you back is the time and bother of having to relist etc, and it's not clear to future sellers that the bidder has a tarnished record. eBay leaning too much towards buyers rather than respecting good sellers in my view.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you buy stuff online, check out the seller carefully. Be careful what you purchase on eBay.
I just spent £100 on a penis enlarger.
Buggers sent me a magnifying glass.
The only instructions said: "Do not use in the sunlight."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here