Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay feedback

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I recently bought a movement detector lamp on ebay, in short it did not work..

I emailed the company selling it and they did not reply for 5 days..

So I added Negative feedback.....

Now suddenly I get the following

" Please change feedback to positive with 5 stars and we can arrange to sort out if we haven't alraeady, its not fair to damage a small UK business really, its these Chinese lot who need bad feedback not UK busineseses who are trying to get us out of the recession and employing UK people."

AND STILL NO REPLACEMENT OR OTHER CONTACT!!

Tossers...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leave the feedback as it is. Send them a message via my-ebay as this traceable if you have to go into dispute. Ask for the postage to be reimbursed on the faulty product that needs sending back to them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Use the eBay resolution centre, they 99% always side with the buyer in these cases. The seller will have the money taken from his account and paid to yours. Ignore the threats.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Use the eBay resolution centre, they 99% always side with the buyer in these cases. The seller will have the money taken from his account and paid to yours. Ignore the threats.

As you're here, Phil, how much are you expecting for that Phoenix Brewery shirt you put on eBay?

So is this company saying that they knowingly sold faulty goods? Sounds like they're saying "it's not our fault the products we sell don't work" instead of just saying sorry and solve the situation amicably. Sounds very shoddy to me.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I had the same from an Amazon market place order. I ordered a kettle and after 7 days had not arrived. I emailed the company over a weekend and got an email back Monday saying the item had been dispatched via next day courrier. As it was still not received by Wednesday I again contacted them and they sent me the tracking number which showed it was only picked up from their warehouse on the Wednesday. Not happy I left negative feedback and got a very prompt email/phone call from the company owner begging me to remove the negative feedback as they were a small company, high overheads etc.

the person who i spoke with just asked for the feedback to be removed they missed the apology and didn't offer any compensation so I left the feedback as was.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i brought something for £40 off ebay and it didnt arrive - i didnt notice for a while and i got in contact with the seller, but after the "ebay 45 days" - she said she would look into it, and was stalling me.....

....then i said after a few weeks of her stalling thinking i would go away, that i had 20 mates on ebay and we would all bombard her with negative feedback in 7 days unless refunded (a white lie type threat).

...i was refunded 2 days later.

use feedback as a weapon.....and theres enough of us on here to put about 100 negative feedbacks somewhere really quickly (evil laugh).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems they dont quite grasp the concept behind feedback. i would, once resolved, add the blatant blackmail to the neg rep.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
i brought something for £40 off ebay and it didnt arrive - i didnt notice for a while and i got in contact with the seller, but after the "ebay 45 days" - she said she would look into it, and was stalling me.....

....then i said after a few weeks of her stalling thinking i would go away, that i had 20 mates on ebay and we would all bombard her with negative feedback in 7 days unless refunded (a white lie type threat).

...i was refunded 2 days later.

use feedback as a weapon.....and theres enough of us on here to put about 100 negative feedbacks somewhere really quickly (evil laugh).

How can 100 people leave feedback without everyone buying something.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As you're here, Phil, how much are you expecting for that Phoenix Brewery shirt you put on eBay?

Not sure really, I pick up older shirts when I get the chance, or get offered them, and compare them with the ones I already have, then I choose which to keep, and which to and sell on. I'll be happy with whatever it sells for, and someone will get a cracking addition to their Albion collection.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
As more of a seller than a buyer on e-bay, I think the feedback system is flawed and can easily be abused. You can have buyers that do not pay or say items are not recieved (even if sent signed for) and e-bay will always be on their side. The really unscrupulous sellers do not worry about feedback as they open multiple accounts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Personally, I wouldn't have left feedback until the situation was resolved.

Ebay businesses rely on the feedback system, and there could be an acceptable reason as to why they didn't pick up your email. I would have at least chased a second time - 5 days is hardly the end of the world.

You've now given them even less reason to sort your situation out.

Not sure why you were in such a rush to leave the feedback so quickly, what did you think it would do, spur them on to keep you happy even though you've now recorded you're not?

I'd have got the situation sorted, got my refund/return, then left the feedback.

The feedback system is flawed, but most sellers want as high a number of transactions as possible with as a high a number +ve feedbacks as possible, opening multiple accounts does not achieve this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here