Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay Feck Up! Total embarrassment

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
More likely get banned!!!!

From ever having a joint credit card again .....

Thinking of giving one of the guitars to my son Ben for his birthday!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Don't worry, they'll soon feel like part of the family

guitars_four.jpg

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Dont tell MRS OTLW, you could "String" her along!

Last edited:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
sorry otlw but this thread is well funny. best thing ive read in a long time.:lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
34064 Fighter Command said:
Probably best to contact the seller and say you made a genuine mistake. At the end of the day, despite all the ' contract ' nonsense, you don't really have any obligation to pay up. In normal mail-order transactions the ' title ' to the goods only passes to you when you receive them, and occasionally may only occur after a certain ' cooling off ' period during which you can return them unused for a refund.

The seller can always re-list the item.

You may well end up with negative feedback, but then as a newbie, you can register with a new ID with impunity.

God knows how you'd cope in a real auction room.

Thanks for the advice ....
:clap:

Albion Rob

A few hundred? Harsh!

Good idea to give one to your boy.

Loving the way LUSH is revelling in your discomfort. Be careful how you tell the wife or you could end up a one man band.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lush said:
Don't worry, they'll soon feel like part of the family

guitars_four.jpg

Lush .... I'll post a piccie of my family when they all arrive and have been unpacked!!!!!

Never mind the tubas, horns and drums .... could even get an Albion string band established for the away matches next season!!!!!!

After all I think it was Clydebank who used to come out to Jimi Hendrix's Crosstown Traffic!!!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Perhaps you should read this :

Can I retract or cancel my bid?

A bid may be retracted (cancelled) by the buyer in if it meets the requirements of our Bid Retraction policy.

Note: There is no equivalent for bid retraction in Buy It Now listings. Once you've confirmed your purchase, you are obligated to pay the seller.

Whether you can retract your bid or not depends on the following factors:

Why you are retracting your bid; as well as
When your bid was placed and when the listing ends.
You can retract your bid for the following reasons:

You accidentally enter the wrong bid amount. For instance, you bid £99.50 instead of £9.95. If this occurs, enter the correct bid amount immediately after you retract your bid. If you do not place another bid, the retraction will be in violation of eBay's policy and could result in your suspension.
The description of an item you have bid on changed significantly after you have placed your bid.
You cannot contact the seller. This means that you tried to call the seller, but his or her phone number doesn't work, or you have tried emailing a message to the seller and it comes back undeliverable.
You can only retract your bid at certain times in a listing, depending on when you placed your bid:

When your bid was placed What is allowed What is not allowed
More than 12 hours before the listing ends You can retract the bid with more than 12 hours left before the listing ends. When you do this, all your previous other bids will also be eliminated. So be sure to bid again if you are correcting a bidding error that you made. You cannot retract the bid during the last 12 hours of the listing, unless the seller agrees.

Please contact the seller to request that your bid be cancelled. However, it is up to the seller's discretion whether or not to cancel your bid.
Less than 12 hours before the listing ends You can retract the bid within one hour of placing it. In this case, only that bid will be retracted; any other bid you placed before the last 12 hours of the listing remains valid.

Restrictions: Your total number of bid retractions in the past six months is displayed in your feedback profile. eBay will thoroughly investigate bid retractions. Abuse of this feature may result in the suspension of your account. Bids retracted within the last 24 hours of listing may be viewed as bid shielding, which is a serious violation of our policy.

To retract a bid, use the Bid Retraction form.

Related Help topics
Bid retractions
Invalid bid retractions
Rules for buyers: Overview
If you have not found the information you are looking for, please ask a question.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've accidentally bought 2 things with the buy it now option, but 4 ? thats slack or do you have a nervous twitch on your mouse finger ?

4 guitars is fine . . .I have 4 and am looking for a fifth . . . .if anyone has a 70's guild bass they dont want !

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Albion Rob said:
A few hundred? Harsh!

Good idea to give one to your boy.

Loving the way LUSH is revelling in your discomfort. Be careful how you tell the wife or you could end up a one man band.

The first guitar I won was the bargain (only cost me £61!), so that's why I hoped I could cancel the other bids!!!
:shootself

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
zefarelly said:
I've accidentally bought 2 things with the buy it now option, but 4 ? thats slack or do you have a nervous twitch on your mouse finger ?

4 guitars is fine . . .I have 4 and am looking for a fifth . . . .if anyone has a 70's guild bass they dont want !

Zef .... this was 4 guitars PLUS a mandolin and the prospect of another guitar haunting me ....

I used to have a superb Echo semi-acoustic electric bass (in cherry red) way back in about 1975 .... sold it for a song (wished I had kept it now)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
OTLW

I've got a rickenbacker, and a semi acoustic Gibson both basses, marvellous lumps of wood they are :clap2:

and my best investment in years . . . .a 200W all valve orange amp and cabinet . . .cost as much as a car, but who cares !

Tallulah Gosh

Dec 4, 2003
Brighton
I sell odds and ends on ebay and have occasionally had people email me to retract bids which have been made 'by my son' or 'when drunk'. I let them off and they sent me a couple of quid for the listing fee. It's easy to relist items so I'm sure if you chucked them a fiver they'd forget it.

Good Luck.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Tallulah Gosh said:
I sell odds and ends on ebay and have occasionally had people email me to retract bids which have been made 'by my son' or 'when drunk'. I let them off and they sent me a couple of quid for the listing fee. It's easy to relist items so I'm sure if you chucked them a fiver they'd forget it.

Good Luck.

My only defence could indeed be four large vodka martinis and two beers .... or just early senile dementia
:rolleyes:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Perhaps you should try watching ' bargain hunt ' before bidding on anything again. David Dickinson knows his stuff !

The trick with e-bay ( or at least mine is ) is to agonise long and hard about what you want to bid on. Pick only one auction to bid on at a time, and then use proxy bidding to cover you up to your maximum bid amount ( which if the auction is due to end whilst you are away from the PC must be more than you think the item is realistically worth ).

Many people on e-bay use software to automatically bid in the last couple of minutes of an auction, to improve their chances of winning at the lowest possible price. If your happy to spend all night at the PC waiting for an auction to end you can defeat these people, but I have better things to do at night !

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Triple feck .... just remembered Mrs OTLW and I are going to see Bob Dylan tonight at the Metro Arena in Newcastle.
I daren't tell her before then or it will ruin the entire evening .... and if I tell her in bed it will ruin another night's sleep ....
May have to wait until tomorrow night and hopefully by then the first guitar hasn't arrived.

I haven't felt this stupid since the time I tried to pull a pin out of a rusty live handgrenade with a pair of my dad's pliers, thinking it was an aerial for a wartime radio (I was only nine at the time!)
:dunce: :shootself :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here