Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay dilemma...

What time scale is reasonable to give someone to pay on ebay before relisting or giving a second chance offer to those that missed out with lower bids?
Not that I'm impatient but sold a couple of items on Sunday evening and haven't been paid as yet or had responses to polite e-mails thanking them for winning bid.
I've sold quite a few things in the past and nearly always been paid immediately or the day after. So how long before I kick them into touch?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
What time scale is reasonable to give someone to pay on ebay before relisting or giving a second chance offer to those that missed out with lower bids?
Not that I'm impatient but sold a couple of items on Sunday evening and haven't been paid as yet or had responses to polite e-mails thanking them for winning bid.
I've sold quite a few things in the past and nearly always been paid immediately or the day after. So how long before I kick them into touch?

I'd give them another 24hrs to respond or you will relist.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think its 3 days before you can put in an unpaid item report.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Im having Issues with a seller on Ebay, i brought a charger and a spare battery for my phone and the charger is broken, not left feedback yet but still waiting for a email back from seller.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I usually wait 4-5 days then send a reminder.
It's entirely possible that they only use a computer at work and maybe not in for a couple of days.
Also people sometimes miss the emial or forget they have bid and don't check (both have happened to me more than once) so I always send a friendly reminder.
However, if they still don't pay, go round and piss through their letterbox.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
You lot all seem very impatient. I'd say give them at least a week, they could be on holiday, etc. Doesn't eBay have some guidelines?

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
You can open unpaid item case after 4dys and then eBay contact your buyer and encourage payment, if they don't get a response they close the case in your favour and refund your final selling costs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree the moment you hit 7 full days you stick it back on

Thanks for the advice.......still waiting for one buyer to turn up and collect item that couldnt be posted. The beauty of eBay to me is that you can sell stuff quickly and fuss free, the minute you end up toing and froing emails and phone calls it defeats the object. In this case for just over £20. I suppose I see it as a time is money exercise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here