Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eating Tapas

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Going out with Mrs AR tomorrow night to a Tapas themed restaurant.
Never eaten this type of food before, so looking forward to trying this out.
Your suggestions for for eating and ordering would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Russian salad
Albondigas
Boquerones
Patatas Bravas
Padrone peppers
Croquetes

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Tapas in the UK is always a bit odd as they expect you to order it like you're having a meal, rather than having a little snack with each drink.

If I were you, I'd try and order a few things at a time instead of getting a table full of stuff altogether. Of course this may be tricky if they have a policy of getting you in and out as quick as possible.

Where you going? Got a menu?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tapas in the UK is always a bit odd as they expect you to order it like you're having a meal, rather than having a little snack with each drink.

If I were you, I'd try and order a few things at a time instead of getting a table full of stuff altogether. Of course this may be tricky if they have a policy of getting you in and out as quick as possible.

Where you going? Got a menu?

View attachment TWA Menu A4 21.4.pdf :)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Gambas pil pil or similar, some nice cured ham, and any specials they got! Love tapas. Is casa don Carlos still in Brighton? They used to do a nice rabbit dish, flamed

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The CROQUETAS will be the bench mark. I'd have the Tumbet, fried vegetables with tomato and baked again in the oven.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Quite a few tempting looking dishes there but obviously it depends on what you fancy.

The menu recommends 2 or 3 dishes per person so ask your waiter if you can order a couple at a time then see how hungry you are (or at least ask th.to stagger the first few dishes). I tend to start an evening with something cold (especially in summer) then go fish/seafood and end with something meaty.

Buen provecho :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Quite a few tempting looking dishes there but obviously it depends on what you fancy.

The menu recommends 2 or 3 dishes per person so ask your waiter if you can order a couple at a time then see how hungry you are (or at least ask th.to stagger the first few dishes). I tend to start an evening with something cold (especially in summer) then go fish/seafood and end with something meaty.

Buen provecho :)

muchas gracias :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You know when you go out and wish you'd ordered what everyone else ordered ?

That doesn't happen, you order a bit of everything and share it

It's that simple, enjoy :thumbsup:

*edit^

Saw the post above, order a few, and if it's not enough order a few more and repeat etc

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Gambas pil pil or similar, some nice cured ham, and any specials they got! Love tapas. Is casa don Carlos still in Brighton? They used to do a nice rabbit dish, flamed

It certainly is, and remains 'the' best place for tapas in town.

The pulpo and crab claws are to die for. :)

...and the pimientos.

Damn, I need to go again, soon.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say, there's a number of restaurants where I have been known to order a couple of starters, followed by another cheeky starter followed by a desert and bill.

You're the client after all. If you're paying the bill, I don't think it's outrageous to ask for what you want :shrug:

That's Tapas :thumbsup:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gambos

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
muchas gracias :D

Ask the restaurant if they want an authentic Flamenco dancer to perform for the diners. My wife’s flamenco teacher is absolutely fantastic and has appeared all over Europe. ..my Mrs is pretty damn good at Flamenco too

Enjoy mate

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

Depending on where you go portion sizes can vary so check other tables when you arrive. Depending on your appetite you might only need 2 or 3 dishes if a light eater.

Personal favourites are King prawns/Langoustines in garlic, patatas bravas, Spanish omelette or anything with an alioli (garlic & oil) dip.

Bloody love a bit of tapas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here