Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eating out in Worthing

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Surprised by All Beef Burger co's rating of 1 - The Worthing Page on facebook advertises them to the high heavens!!!! Won't be eating there again!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Always worth checking, when contemplating eating out somewhere new, how the Food Standards Agency rates the hygiene and cleanliness of the establishment.

Always good to know the salmonella risk!

(And one of the establishments in Worthing recommended on this thread by several contributers doesn't fair too well!)

Just Google "Food Standards Agency" (I'm not allowed to post the link - sorry)

Rip

very surprised by a couple of those well known establishments

Food Standards Agency - Search for food hygiene ratings

the imperial get a clean bill of health though and i love the food there......i could eat the imperial ribs all night

Jul 7, 2003
If you want Tapas either Caprichos or the Andalucia are both good. Food is a great place to go for a nice night out - good food, not to basic but not too poncy and there is often a pianist playing background music. The menu doesn't change much which is why many locals only go there occasionally. If you want Chinese then the Imperial China is the best place to go. Definitely avoid the China Palace and Interwok - reasonable value party places but food quality is not great (China Palace has gone downhill fast over the last couple of years).

Fish Factory (same owners as Food) is also good but, if anyone in your party doesn't like fish then the menu is a bit limited and the smell of the food can be offputting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Depends what you are after and are willing to pay....

Just outside Worthing (Ashignton) is the Chardonnay which is exceptional.

'Food' Restaurant is good - owners also own Fish Factory, but am less impressed with that and it does feel that the owners put more emphasis on 'Food'.

Pomodora Mozzarella in Warwick Street is excellent.

Others I've heard are good:-
Parsonage in Tarring supposed to be good but haven't eaten there.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Indeed, a three-course meal for £8.05, I may have to look into this myself.

I noticed that like in France everything comes with just french fries and salad and no other veg appears to be available but for the prices that are shown what do you expect. Some of the lunch time dishes are under £4 and all main courses are under £6

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
La Difference looks PHENOMENAL value. Just booked a table for Saturday night!!!!! Actually quite excited!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here