Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne - Whitehawk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What? Not really when your budget (sic) is being bankrolled by a bottomless pit of money. With Kings budget, I could probably manage Whitehawk to a promotion spot! King has followed the money everywhere during his managerial career. Should the money ever dry up at Whitehawk, he will not hang around, you can be sure.

Amazing the money being pumped into the team at Whitehawk but nothing on the facilities. What is really the point of reaching the conference with a ground that barely looks fit to host a county game. Too many 'big time Charlie's' in non league football splashing their cash with no real long term view on a sustainable model. It will all end in tears at Whitehawk because ultimately they've no income other than their owners flight of fancy. Getting to the conference is no assurance of revenue either. The cost of travelling, hotels, increased wages far out weigh any increase in sponsorship or gate revenues.

Completely agree with your points on SK. He's drained a clubs bank balance wherever he's been.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazing the money being pumped into the team at Whitehawk but nothing on the facilities. What is really the point of reaching the conference with a ground that barely looks fit to host a county game. Too many 'big time Charlie's' in non league football splashing their cash with no real long term view on a sustainable model. It will all end in tears at Whitehawk because ultimately they've no income other than their owners flight of fancy. Getting to the conference is no assurance of revenue either. The cost of travelling, hotels, increased wages far out weigh any increase in sponsorship or gate revenues.

Completely agree with your points on SK. He's drained a clubs bank balance wherever he's been.

I know it has been mentioned previously but could they not sell the ground and do a deal to play at Withdean.

Oct 25, 2003
I know it has been mentioned previously but could they not sell the ground and do a deal to play at Withdean.

i think they looked at this and decided it was cheaper to stay where they are. The thing is with Withdean is that a) as we know, it's really expensive and b) it's miles away from their already small fanbase

their current ground is a shambles though....awful pitch and annoying to get to....would it even be allowed in the conference? I remember Lewes having difficulty getting the Dripping Pan approved. I'm pretty sure that you need things like a designated away end with separate turnstiles and facilities which I don't ever remember seeing at Whitehawk. A lot of work would need doing to it I'd imagine unless they were going to groundshare at somewhere like Lewes

What on earth does attendance got to do with it?

Do you even know who owns whitehawk?

It was the same owners as last season right? The season they spent virtually the entire time in the relegation zone under Freeman? Think we'd be happy here that a change of manager could make such a difference don't u think?

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It was the same owners as last season right? The season they spent virtually the entire time in the relegation zone under Freeman? Think we'd be happy here that a change of manager could make such a difference don't u think?

You are not answering the question, what does it have to do with Attendences.

What? Not really when your budget (sic) is being bankrolled by a bottomless pit of money. With Kings budget, I could probably manage Whitehawk to a promotion spot! King has followed the money everywhere during his managerial career. Should the money ever dry up at Whitehawk, he will not hang around, you can be sure.

Yeh not sure about the bottomless pit of money theory. The team doesn't look it - I only recognised the Hawks keeper because he spent the last season at those notorious big spenders, er Eastbourne. And I reckon more would have been done with the ground if there was a big level of funding.

That may still happen of course - a smart ground rebuild could be enough to start overcoming that slight air of snobbery whenever someone mentions Whitehawk and could get the crowds up. Hope so - I actually think it could benefit the Albion to have a strong junior club on its doorstep.

You are not answering the question, what does it have to do with Attendences.

Because attendances are one of the revenues streams.

But clearly te attendences do not make a difference to what Whitehawk spend. attendences of 180 would see you struggle in Ryman Div 1 let alone Conference South.

Sorry Munkfish, it's a bit like saying because Bloom is a billionaire, it won't matter here if we get relegated and our season ticket revenues halve. I'm sure Whitehawk are well supported by their owners but looking at the team I don't see them blowing any teams out of the water with the calibre of players - and it was the same with Freeman last season - King is outperforming

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sorry Munkfish, it's a bit like saying because Bloom is a billionaire, it won't matter here if we get relegated and our season ticket revenues halve. I'm sure Whitehawk are well supported by their owners but looking at the team I don't see them blowing any teams out of the water with the calibre of players - and it was the same with Freeman last season - King is outperforming

Quite different levels. I know for a fact Jake Robinson is on plus £1000+ a week and for that he trains a couple of times a week and helps out on building sites where needed.

180 at £10 a go wouldn't come close to supporting the running of the club at the level they have got to and are at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here