Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne Borough / Falmer

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Thought I'd let you know a piece of information given to me today. As part of our A21 effort, a langney based member of ours (also an Eastbourne Borough member) recently took a load of pre-printed Prestcott letters down to Eastbourne Boroughs social club and asked if it was Ok to hand them out. Barman had no problem but their Commercial Manager refused saying it was not in their best interests to support the initiative. This was surprising given that the guy is an Albion supporter and considering they've got Albion shirts on the wall down there. They may well one day dream of playing in a Sussex Senior Cup final (or somesuch) in a fantastic venue like that.

Appreciate it was just one mans oppinion and he was protecting his own commercial interests and floating support but in the great scheme of things would it have hurt that much ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
f***ing cheeky bastards! And people wonder why i don't support them when i live 2 mins walk from the ground.

I believe i'm also right in thinking that their commercial manager is none other than Tony Hylands who used to work for the Albion from the mobile shop. He's soon forgotten old friends :angry:

I personally know Ken McEwan & Mark Dunford at the Eastbourne Herald so i think i may e-mail them so that Albion fans may know Boroughs position. Len Smith always was a ****!

Last edited:

METALMICKY said:
i live 2 mins walk from the ground.

That would explain a lot of things about you. :salute:

METALMICKY said:
I personally know Ken McEwan & Mark Dunford at the Eastbourne Herald so i think i may e-mail them so that Albion fans may know Boroughs position.

Good luck. The Gazette and Herald seem to think the sun shine's out of Borough's f***ing arse, and they only ever mention Brighton if Peircey or McPhee do something outstanding, or if they have a pop about something. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here