Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East upper tier

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Is there gonna be a family section in the East Upper? Quite fancy moving.....also who do you speak to at the club to request a move? Thanks

You cannot move up there yet, only provisionally book seats if you are one of the STH who will have to move if expansion goes ahead. I have to move from the family stand as my lad has turned 16, but I cannot not reserve an upper east ticket. I was told I have to buy tickets elsewhere and join the scrum to move if the expansion happens.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
by people who had last choice of season tickets the first time around i'd imagine. i mean who would have actually chosen to sit east stand by the away end!! should have been offered in order of season tickets purchased the first time around IMO. They now have prime f***ing seats the bastards!

Home supporters being called bastards? Thanks..kind of you

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've just asked someone affected by this, and he thinks he was told it would be the as ESL - £550 in the middle and £500 in the wings.

ESL middle price is £575, I have my renewal price in front of me.

D

Deleted member 18477

At nearly every other ground in the country, the most vocal home fans sit by the away fans. Brighton did it the other way round.

you sure? man utd, liverpool, arsenal, stoke, villa, west ham, portsmouth just to name a few have their 'loudest' fans also at the opposite end...

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
you sure? man utd, liverpool, arsenal, stoke, villa, west ham, portsmouth just to name a few have their 'loudest' fans also at the opposite end...

agreed, Leeds, Chelsea..........Blackpool was a bit strange they were singing between each end to each other!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
by people who had last choice of season tickets the first time around i'd imagine. i mean who would have actually chosen to sit east stand by the away end!! should have been offered in order of season tickets purchased the first time around IMO. They now have prime f***ing seats the bastards!

Tend to agree. The right thing to do would have been to re-run the ST process allowing all to be invited to either stay in current seat or go for one of he new seats, but in the same order of priority as last year. Those displaced (who were new STHs) could then pick from what was left. That's what my heart says.

My head says to do that would be a logistical nightmare, so answered my own question, but still not right that a fan who has only a one year STH history, will bag what are probably the best seats in the house!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm no builder, but lets assume the planning permission goes through without a hitch - The last game home game is late April. The first home game, whatever league we are in, is going to be early to mid August. Is that really enough time to have everything complete? That's roughly three months from start to finish. Those builders could be in for some overtime I suspect?

It`s just a big boys meccano set, 10 weeks will be ample time to complete

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tend to agree. The right thing to do would have been to re-run the ST process allowing all to be invited to either stay in current seat or go for one of he new seats, but in the same order of priority as last year. Those displaced (who were new STHs) could then pick from what was left. That's what my heart says.

My head says to do that would be a logistical nightmare, so answered my own question, but still not right that a fan who has only a one year STH history, will bag what are probably the best seats in the house!

It doesn't need to be anything like as complicated as that!

Existing STHs who want to move should put in a request and then there is a window of, say, a week or two, during which these people are allowed to book a new seat before they go on general sale. This could be done quite easily online or via the ticket office, as long as there is a seating plan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It doesn't need to be anything like as complicated as that!

Existing STHs who want to move should put in a request and then there is a window of, say, a week or two, during which these people are allowed to book a new seat before they go on general sale. This could be done quite easily online or via the ticket office, as long as there is a seating plan.
Then those who are displaced can choose from the 'new' vacant ones and any left east upper and south (home bit)......still never mind i will now have to put up with east upper/5 rows back/roughly centre...someone has too :)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Best seats for evening games, but perhaps not on sunny Saturdays at 3pm with the sun in your eyes...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Then those who are displaced can choose from the 'new' vacant ones and any left east upper and south (home bit)......still never mind i will now have to put up with east upper/5 rows back/roughly centre...someone has too :)

Those who are displaced should obviously have first shout as they are being forced to move.

Btw, it you are truly going to miss the East Stand Lower, you can have my seat and I'll have yours in the upper tier!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Best seats for evening games, but perhaps not on sunny Saturdays at 3pm with the sun in your eyes...

Aye...thankfully remembered my cap for Pompey game....spent most of Ipswich first half with hand shielding my eyes even with a pair of sunglasses

On the note of 'who would want to sit that end of east stand ....around me there are quite a few people who have been watching Brighton for some while and certainly not all new season ticket holders as some people seem to think

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Those who are displaced should obviously have first shout as they are being forced to move.

Btw, it you are truly going to miss the East Stand Lower, you can have my seat and I'll have yours in the upper tier!

Lol....what I will miss more than anything is the peeps I have got to know

Ps..whereabouts is yours?

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lol....what I will miss more than anything is the peeps I have got to know

Ps..whereabouts is yours?

Aisle seat, near the Family Stand. Like the people round me too - just want to be higher up!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nine rows back, half-way between half-way line and penalty area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here