Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EAST STAND UPPER F ( empty seats and odd fans)

For the first two home games I had 2 empty rows behind me, about 7 seats wide, last Friday the seats were mostly full but those sitting in them were obviously not real fans and sat quiet the whole game didnt react to our goals or make a sound, buggered off 5 mins before half time for beer I assume, and left ten mins before the end. Don't think they were Wednesday fans either. Seems a shame such great seats cant be enjoyed by true fans. I guess they must be corporate seats of somekind. Its just not great, looking behind and seeing empty spaces or glum faces. The East stand struggled to make a real noise last season apart from a few obvious chants and when were scored. It's a lot better now with some more vocal fans in the stand but this does not help, I just hope I wont have empty seats and bored looking individuals behind me for the wholw season!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think this is just the reality of having a bigger stadium. not every person there is going to be a die hard albion fan. at stadiums like old trafford, the emirates and stamford bridge there will be hundreds of fans each week that arent fans of the home team and are only there as guests, friends of real fans, tourists, and just people there for a day out.. as long as they pay their ticket money and fill the stadium then the more the merrier...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yes I guess you are right, funny to think we get 'visitors' to watch the Albion, we are certainly on the way up!

I too am in East Upper and in a position where there are only three rows (ie at one end or the other in front of the wheelchair area) hence the likelihood of ever getting anything going is remote to say the least.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I am in East Stand Upper - and I am a diehard Albion fan.
The view has to be one of the best - but there is a different group of people sat around me each match. It seems that there is a regular 'ticket share' going on..... Oh well, if we get such large numbers I suppose it's bound to happen. It's still a great place to be.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well as mentioned above....the plus side is they (maybe) paid for the seat....more money for the club

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I noticed the gaping hole there for the first two matches. wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't right in the middle.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
felbridgeseagull you sound like you're pretty much next to me, you're not on Row I E2F are you?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Talking of odd fans, I was in the family stand east with loads of kids understandably all around, there were two bald headed stone island type geezers sat right in front of us stinking of beer and with eyes all over the place. They sat rooted to the spot throughout the whole game, didn't celebrate any of our goals and cast menacing stares behind them any time the kids made some noise. It turns out they were Chelsea fans (unsurprisingly given their appearance), I found this out by chance when at half time I was randomly berating the premiership and teams I didn't like to my missus and on mentioning Chelsea in rather negative terms they both turned round and glared and then were muttering under their breaths at each other. Much fun was had as I spent the second half occasionally making anti Chelsea remarks and I could see them getting wound up, they deserved it though as they were acting like cocks. On reflection it probably wasn't the best thing to do in the family stand but they didn't seem to enjoy anything about the game and were clearly just there for the beer, I'm not sure I want complete non-fans like this at the Amex and they couldn't even consider themselves plastics as they also clearly weren't supporting the Albion!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Had two arsenal fans behind me last game. Singing arsenal to the Albion chant. Kept calling Bruno a sack of shit all game. So i lost it on the second goal. Turned round gave them the bird and told em to f*** off back to arsenal.

Moronic behaviour. But I could not help it. Hope he scores against them next season.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
The atmosphere in our ground suggests that there are enough fans that really get behind the team. If people just want to come for a day out spend a load of money and enjoy the experience then if you like it or not that is what the club needs to move forward. I sit in the WSL the seats in front of me are always different people it doesn't bother me at all as suggests our fans base keeps growing.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
The atmosphere in our ground suggests that there are enough fans that really get behind the team. If people just want to come for a day out spend a load of money and enjoy the experience then if you like it or not that is what the club needs to move forward. I sit in the WSL the seats in front of me are always different people it doesn't bother me at all as suggests our fans base keeps growing.

Oh I don't mind that at all I just mind it when the persons concerned are ignorant tossers.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The guy who sits next to us in F block is a Leicester City fan!
During our first chat I asked him how long he followed The Albion, it was during that conversation he announced it was his first time at The Amex, as he lived in the area and wanted to watch decent Football every other weekend, but he was a loyal Leicester City fan and would be sitting with 'them' when they play down here.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
For the first two home games I had 2 empty rows behind me, about 7 seats wide, last Friday the seats were mostly full but those sitting in them were obviously not real fans and sat quiet the whole game didnt react to our goals or make a sound, buggered off 5 mins before half time for beer I assume, and left ten mins before the end. Don't think they were Wednesday fans either. Seems a shame such great seats cant be enjoyed by true fans. I guess they must be corporate seats of somekind. Its just not great, looking behind and seeing empty spaces or glum faces. The East stand struggled to make a real noise last season apart from a few obvious chants and when were scored. It's a lot better now with some more vocal fans in the stand but this does not help, I just hope I wont have empty seats and bored looking individuals behind me for the wholw season!

could have been complimentaries, possibly scouting for an opposing side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here