Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Another 400 seats to go on sale in the East Stand apparently. I heard that the area set aside for a cafe/supporter's bar is to be kitted out for the hospitality. Does anyone know where this is though?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Plenty of drinking holes for supporters around the ground as I understand it. Do we really need a "fans bar"?

In all honesty I thought that idea was a bit, well shit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah - I heard some people talking about this on Saturday. The 'supporters bar' has been commandeered to use as the [East] 1901 hospitality area, they were saying.

As TMLS says though - there will be other places to meet and drink, so can't see its an issue really. What is a 'supporters bar' anyway? As opposed to the other 20 bars, for er...supporters.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe we could have a "one off bar" where we can meet Doncaster, Wrexham and of course Aston Villa fans when (and if) we play them.

People could wear their special hats and scarves for the event.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yeah - I heard some people talking about this on Saturday. The 'supporters bar' has been commandeered to use as the [East] 1901 hospitality area, they were saying.

As TMLS says though - there will be other places to meet and drink, so can't see its an issue really. What is a 'supporters bar' anyway? As opposed to the other 20 bars, for er...supporters.

Does Atilla know? :ohmy:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Supporters bar is in the North Stand is it not?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont give a TOSS what he thinks quite frankly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not surprised if true. Health and Safety alone would necessitate it. I don't know if anyones ever walked past the Evening Star on match day but you can smell the old mens' farts from outside the pub. The last thing we want is all our rich prawn sandwich brigade needing medical attention because a bunch of 'real' fans drinking 'real' ale cause a major gas alert from a combination of fart juice and getting over-excited about a Brighton/St Pauli/Donny Rovers threeway love in.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surely supporters bars are at noddy clubs anyway. Not where there are 000s of fans. Correct me if Im wrong but Im sure places like the Emirates dont have a supporters bar..?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Family Stand is in the East Stand is it not?

There are to be 400 new 1901 seats released in the East Stand as well. There was some stuff posted on here last week about it.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Surely supporters bars are at noddy clubs anyway. Not where there are 000s of fans. Correct me if Im wrong but Im sure places like the Emirates dont have a supporters bar..?

While I sort of agree with your sentiment, the difference is that Ashburton Grove et al has consumers, not supporters.

Without Albion supporters, there wouldn't be a ground, or a club. If 10,000 people decide to stop going to 'the Emriates', there's another 10,000 gullible idiots waiting to fill their place.

We don't have that luxury. There are plenty of areas in the stadium to have a beer but I do hope we stock some decent stuff, and not pisswater.

Hopefully, all the bars will feel like a proper supporters' area.

Jan 30, 2008
While I sort of agree with your sentiment, the difference is that Ashburton Grove et al has consumers, not supporters.

Without Albion supporters, there wouldn't be a ground, or a club. If 10,000 people decide to stop going to 'the Emriates', there's another 10,000 gullible idiots waiting to fill their place.

We don't have that luxury. There are plenty of areas in the stadium to have a beer but I do hope we stock some decent stuff, and not pisswater.

Hopefully, all the bars will feel like a proper supporters' area.
and realistic prices to boot ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here