Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early optimism blown away ....

GuildGull

Jul 14, 2009
After the miracle of us staying up last season, and a fantastic job done by RS and the team (with Hart & Owusu on top form) came the expected & correct decision to appoint RS on a two year contract ... further news of a new chairman, with 'pots' of cash and a two year short term plan going into Falmer and hopefully the champoinship we were ALL on such a high - season tickets sales on the up, 10 new players (with money being spent) ... what more could any of us ask for ... then pre-season came - this, to me, were the first signs of a few problems as the goals in the FOR column against the likes of Crawley, Stevenage & Torquay read 0 ... the season starts with a very poor home display against Wallsall (and a deafeat), a mauling by Swansea, another 0 in the goals for column at Brentford and then last nights embarrassment at Huddersfield.

Where do we go from here ... ??

Well, Slade would have ripped into them in the dressing room, and virtually booted their arses all the way back down the M1 last night, thats for sure ... so, I expect nothing less than a full blooded all out, high tempo assult on the Stockport goal from minute 1 this Saturday - players like Crofts, Mcloed, Dickinson & Wright HAVE to now perform ... this is the VITAL game for Slade, if none of the above does happen, Slade must GO.

I cannot remember the last time I felt so flat ... this club we all love really does provide you with such high & lows - roll on Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here