Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I will not criticise any one, people can do what they like. for me going to the football is all about the crazy roller coast feelings and yesterday’s 94th min winner was one of the best.

Yep - that 'crazy roller coaster feeling' sums up how I felt at 94 minutes yesterday compared to the 94th minute at Villa Park last week and the gutted feeling on the coach journey home!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
They've obviously not sat in it for 90 minutes every other week for twelve years?

Although, as I’ve said before and will say again; that final season at Withdean, I don’t recall getting wet once. We were phenomenally lucky with the weather and we got promoted as well! My second favourite season supporting the Albion since I first donned a bobble hat in the mid 70s.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've walked out of a game in disgust (Burnley last season, blatant handball ignored, only to give a penalty to them a minute later) in 70 something minutes.
I left at half time once for some family do.
I've sat and watched us get trounced 7-1 at Huddersfield (ok I needed the coach home) and lose 5-1 at Withdean when we were already relegated.

I pays my money and takes my choice. It has nothing to with anyone else.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I have said 1000 times, I will leave when I want.

Neverthless, just as I like VAR, I never cry over missed goals. It was 2-2 when we left and when I found we had won I was absolutely made up - pure joy. No regrets. Life is good.

I left at the final whistle so saw our winner... and made my way back to our coach. Got on and sat in front of an 'older' couple who had left a little early (possibly due to mobility issues). They spoke to me saying they were delighted we'd pulled it back to level ... not knowing we'd actually won. The beaming smiles on their faces when I told them we'd won was fantastic ... they weren't annoyed they'd missed the goal as I'm sure they'd left for good/personal reasons. I was delighted to be the bearer of great news :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A mix of both?

I know loads of families who only got into the Albion when the Amex was built, and bkokes who gave the entire post Goldstone era a miss.

Judus Come Latelys :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The early leavers missed a treat yesterday. I can understand when the game is lost but yesterday, anything could have happened as it was one of 'those' games. The cheers quickly turned to prolonged laughter after our third and then the fun with all the replays began. It was a very happy place. The biggest laugh I've had since Muzza's goal against Norwich (we were next to the away fans though).

The post match soaking was then not so bad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've walked out of a game in disgust (Burnley last season, blatant handball ignored, only to give a penalty to them a minute later) in 70 something minutes.
I left at half time once for some family do.
I've sat and watched us get trounced 7-1 at Huddersfield (ok I needed the coach home) and lose 5-1 at Withdean when we were already relegated.

I pays my money and takes my choice. It has nothing to with anyone else.

Everyone needs to occasionally. It’s the muppets that do it week in week out living locally, leave without good reason (whatever that means) and usually sit on the middle of a row that’s annoying. Oh, and don’t know what it is to follow the Albion I.e. we all know if the club fell on hard times they’d be off in a flash.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I know I know repeat subject .......but to those who left when we were 1-2 down (including the grumpy old tosser in front of me)

Heres to you all.......hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :wanker:

The early leavers response is we leave when we want and are as pleased as you if Brighton score one in injury time.

And the people that have started these threads since the beginning of the internet.:wanker:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A guy in my row left when Everton scored number 2. He’s not a habitual early leaver. I did think at the time you never know what might happen. I did think we would go on to lose, but I was gloriously wrong!!!⚽️��⚽

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Standing in the pissing rain for 30 mins might have something to do with it.

No doubt you didn't have a season ticket at Withdean as then you would have regularly sat in the rain for over 90 mins.

Pretty lame excuse. Proper fans would always take a good soaking just to experience that unbridled joy of a winning goal.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I get up at 6am, drive 160 miles, cycle 10 miles, repeat this in reverse after the match and NEVER leave early. Who cares about the pissing rain after an injury time winner !!!

Is the correct answer! To use the modern parlance we obviously have way too many footballing snowflakes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here