Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e-cash - good or bad, useful or useless

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just checked my history and if made over £40 in two seasons on cashback, and how anybody can find topping up difficult astounds me.
Just log in, add your amount and your debit card details and its done in about 2 minutes.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I’ve never used e-cash, never really thought about it. If you’re one of the users of it, how easy is it to get it sorted and does it take long to understand it?

It seems like a good idea to me but I’m wondering if the club should or could do more to promote it and to encourage its use.

I’d be interested in what others think about it.

Really, apart from emails, website updates and e-cash only tills with big signs above them, what should they do?

E-cash is great, especially the 10% back and as someone else mentioned, imagine if this was used at all grounds, it would be superb.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hmm, apparently I have a balance of £15.97 on my card from January. I certainly don't remember putting that on there

Isn't that the EXACT amount that one match on your season ticket is 'worth'? Did you put your ticket up for reslae one game, when you couldn't make it?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Isn't that the EXACT amount that one match on your season ticket is 'worth'? Did you put your ticket up for reslae one game, when you couldn't make it?

...that's a very good point, didn't think of that. I was away for the Watford game a few days before that e-cash went onto my card and had made it available. Would have been nice if they'd told me - I assumed it had gone unused

Still, that's the grub at the start of the season sorted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...that's a very good point, didn't think of that. I was away for the Watford game a few days before that e-cash went onto my card and had made it available. Would have been nice if they'd told me - I assumed it had gone unused

Still, that's the grub at the start of the season sorted

Nice one. Glad to help. Mines a steak and ale.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's a great system all the time you want to keep money on the card!!

I put too much on at the end of the season, and really need it back currently as I'm going through a bit of a financial juggling act! ???

I've asked nicely for a refund from the club and they are currently denying me it, saying that it's not a cancelled season ticket.
I've sent the customer service department a nice message saying is the club really that barrassic, that they have to hang onto fans money indefinitely!!

I've quoted one of the T&C's on the website, and awaiting the reply to that, and maybe just maybe they'll refund me.
If they care to look back at my record last season, I spent a bloody fortune on Pies and Pints, and in the Club Shop.

BHAFC you're turning into a corporate giant that want's to keep your customers money at all costs!! RANT OVER

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not overly convinced of the benefit to the customer to be honest. 10% discount and speedy service tempered by having to remember and go through the motions to load the thing up, less than 100% confidence in the till operator's ability to charge the right amount/double charge plus the reality of it not appearing to be much quicker; all you need is one customer to query a transaction and that till is, in effect, out-of-action for 5-10 mins. All things considered I prefer cash or debit card.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's a great system all the time you want to keep money on the card!!

I put too much on at the end of the season, and really need it back currently as I'm going through a bit of a financial juggling act! ???

I've asked nicely for a refund from the club and they are currently denying me it, saying that it's not a cancelled season ticket.
I've sent the customer service department a nice message saying is the club really that barrassic, that they have to hang onto fans money indefinitely!!

I've quoted one of the T&C's on the website, and awaiting the reply to that, and maybe just maybe they'll refund me.
If they care to look back at my record last season, I spent a bloody fortune on Pies and Pints, and in the Club Shop.

BHAFC you're turning into a corporate giant that want's to keep your customers money at all costs!! RANT OVER

How much is on there? If it's £40+ you could always find someone who is planning to get the new shirt then get cash from them and use your e-cash to buy it for them!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
less than 100% confidence in the till operator's ability to charge the right amount/double charge plus the reality of it not appearing to be much quicker; all you need is one customer to query a transaction and that till is, in effect, out-of-action for 5-10 mins. All things considered I prefer cash or debit card.

Why would the till operator be more likely to make such a mistake on an e-cash payment, as on a debit card payment?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
How much is on there? If it's £40+ you could always find someone who is planning to get the new shirt then get cash from them and use your e-cash to buy it for them!

Not quite unfortunately :-( But, it's enough that would sort out a few problems that I have at the mo. :-(

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Update : The club say they don't do it normally, if in which case they need to change their terms and conditions on the website, but in this case they will for me because of my situation, and they have issued me with an apology as well. So hopefully my refund will happen later today :)

Just hoping for a resolution on the club's manager situation as well today, and it will be quite a good Thursday :smile:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Just hoping for a resolution on the club's manager situation as well today, and it will be quite a good Thursday :smile:

Maybe they should put the same person in charge of this decision too :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’ve never used e-cash, never really thought about it. If you’re one of the users of it, how easy is it to get it sorted and does it take long to understand it?

You could have got it sorted and fully understood it in the time it took you to write that sentence.

I still hardly use it though, and I'm really not sure why. There is absolutely no reason not to, there are only positive sides to it, unless you are someone who only goes once a year or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here