Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e-cash goes at end of this season. Do you use it?

Do you use e-cash?

• No

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Yes, but only occasionally

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Yes, from time to time

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Yes, nearly all the time

Votes: 133 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The made the discounts hard to get when they changed the discount system. So less use it. Now they take ecash away altogether and all the discounts go to. So that's a price increase for me and many others.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Chief executive Paul Barber said, "Contactless payment is now commonplace in everyday life and, with much quicker transaction times, we expect this to speed up our catering service significantly in busy periods such as half time.

"This change will make things even simpler, and quicker, for supporters - particularly on matchdays. It also removes a large amount of administration for us which, from the cost saving, will allow us freeze our concourse catering prices for the 2015/16 season as well as improving speed of service.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ican-express-2288464.aspx#rpObwVtgSFIiaWIZ.99

It has never been the payment point causing any issues PB, more the 'How do I pour a Guinness'? and 'What is a Hot-Dog'?.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I use mine every time I go to the Amex. I think that people are just spending less if anything at all at the ground now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gosh I have £1.77 on my card, will have to buy something to use it up

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, I use it whenever I intend to eat at the stadium. I don't have a contactless card, so this announcement doesn't really work for me but it's not about the individual, it's about the majority. If this move is better for most, then fair enough.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I use it, i won't use contactless because as suggested it isn't particularly safe. I agree that it will lengthen queues as more will pay with cash.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
3 reasons why I stopped using it;
Was double charged when topping up and took ages to get sorted
Auto top up stopped, leaving me short one game
Cut in cash back

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I use it, i won't use contactless because as suggested it isn't particularly safe. I agree that it will lengthen queues as more will pay with cash.

Very unsafe on London Underground as many changed contactless and Oyster at the same time

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Always used it until it stopped loading up automatically. I've topped it up twice to get the auto top up working again but to no avail. If it worked, as it did for me from day one, I'd still use it. Saves taking cash.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've always used ecash. Never used cash at the stadium. Ever. I'm a bit annoyed at this to be honest. It's a piece of cake to use and so much quicker than cash. I don't have a contact less card either. Booo.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
So now we have to take 2 cards, the club smartcard for entry to our seats (unless it’s a cup game when you will need a pay-extra print-at-home ticket as they will probably completely stop the ability of loading cup games on the club smartcards), and a card with contactless payment capability, brilliant thinking by the club. What is the point of our club smartcards? Might as well go back to a book of tickets.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Used to use it but for the last few games, the tills have all been cash-only so there doesn't much point in topping up

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So now we have to take 2 cards, the club smartcard for entry to our seats (unless it’s a cup game when you will need a pay-extra print-at-home ticket as they will probably completely stop the ability of loading cup games on the club smartcards), and a card with contactless payment capability, brilliant thinking by the club. What is the point of our club smartcards? Might as well go back to a book of tickets.

Taking two cards really isn't too much effort is it? Don't you take your wallet with you anyway??

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I've always used ecash. Never used cash at the stadium. Ever. I'm a bit annoyed at this to be honest. It's a piece of cake to use and so much quicker than cash. I don't have a contact less card either. Booo.

Same here, a bit annoyed as ecash has worked fine for me. Even though I have an American Express card, its not contactless but as I'm due a new one in September perhaps it will be then. My only problem is I have to spend my £50+ credit before the end of the season and I can't make the evening games so it looks like I will be stuffing pies when I am. :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here