Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dynamo: Magician Impossible

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Stumpy Tim

Derren Brown shows are superb.

A great mix of magic, psychological techniques and showmanship.

Boggles the mind. Stephen Fry says he is a witch!

I've been to two of his shows and they are incredible. Definitely random too, as the frisbee landed on my wife's lap during the infamous show in London. I see it's coming to Brighton - I would recommend it

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Am I missing something here? I don't understand how that video explains anything.
It does if you watch the slo mo...not saying he is not good,his fast movement is beyond belief...like all tricks there has to be a logical answer....unless you really believe he is magic...which I'm sure you don't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the simple ones which are the most mindboggling.

The one where his laces are hanging down untied either side of one of his trainers, he shakes his foot for about 2 seconds, and the laces are done up. I rewound that one a few times, slo-mo'd it, and unless they're doing special effects with the camera, I have NO CLUE how he does it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Its the simple ones which are the most mindboggling.

The one where his laces are hanging down untied either side of one of his trainers, he shakes his foot for about 2 seconds, and the laces are done up. I rewound that one a few times, slo-mo'd it, and unless they're doing special effects with the camera, I have NO CLUE how he does it.
This was quite baffling until it was shown on youtube...it seems that the loose ends you saw were not the loose ends of laces but pieces of lace inserted in the eyelets,when he shakes his foot hard the ends fly away and he already has his laces tied underneath the end of his trousers,which he then lifts up to show the tied laces...note when he starts his trousers are hanging over the top of his shoes...great illusion though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It does if you watch the slo mo...not saying he is not good,his fast movement is beyond belief...like all tricks there has to be a logical answer....unless you really believe he is magic...which I'm sure you don't.

How? It shows the phone disappear out if his hand, but it doesn't show anyone switching the bottles or how the phone rings when his mate calls it inside the bottle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This was quite baffling until it was shown on youtube...it seems that the loose ends you saw were not the loose ends of laces but pieces of lace inserted in the eyelets,when he shakes his foot hard the ends fly away and he already has his laces tied underneath the end of his trousers,which he then lifts up to show the tied laces...note when he starts his trousers are hanging over the top of his shoes...great illusion though.

Its as good an explanation as any, but I don't recall seeing two loose laces fly off, and shirley the people watching would see the two loose laces come out.

Unless theres been some sneaky editing on the camerawork...which would render the whole thing rather POINTLESS.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My friend,if you look closely when the phone is passed to him,he juggles it about and flips it into his inside pocket..slo mo will show this on the video I posted and it also shows the man behind him with a bottle in his hand....at the same time the man behind him passes him the bottle,this you don't see as it was the other side of him and the crowd are watching Dynamo.
Notice after the show the man leaves with him...still darn clever though..

BTW Commander I have a good avatar for you if I can figure how to get it off my video as a still picture. I took it in Las Vegas in the malls beneath the hotels...It says BRIGHTON and underneath says COMMANDERS PALACE

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pooh pants, nuts, big saggy ball bags.

Jnr Stat has a kiddie magic set and is brilliantly awful at magic, as we all are.

Anyhoo we watched Dynamo in NY, last night, naturally Stat Club Jnrs were gobsmacked.
The highlight being the 'rope through body trick'.

I loves it too, and loves being amazed without question.

In looking for the video I found a 'how it done' clip and stupidly watched it, hence my potty mouth, as I've ruined it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here