Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche looking likely for Everton ***CONFIRMED***

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
The Liverpool hoarse voice society has just increased its membership by one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was hoping it was going to Bielsa. That would have a been a match made in heaven.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He'll be needing a striker:

And people say that our club is shrewd when we let a young Swedish prospect go for £1m and paid £5.2m for another one...

Oh, wait...

I don't know what 'significant' means, but If it's 20% or more, it would pretty much pay Ayari's transfer fee. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely the right man for the job at this point in time. On paper they have a very good defence. He will sort them out and keep them up. Shame.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Terrible news for the bottom half of the Premier League. Southampton I think are probably gone, Everton will be fine in the 12-15th range. Bournemouth, Forest, Palace and Leeds will be gutted.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bugger. That’s Everton staying up then 🥲
I wouldn’t be to sure football has moved on a lot from Dyche tactics primarily a 442.
His managerial tactics seem to be berate the fourth official for 90 mins and have his players stamp all over the opponents.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I wouldn’t be to sure football has moved on a lot from Dyche tactics primarily a 442.
His managerial tactics seem to be berate the fourth official for 90 mins and have his players stamp all over the opponents.
Although Dyche's post-match reaction to Barton's stamp was poor, I don't think that he told him to do it. Joey was just feeling small because Beram Kayal had beaten him to everything all day and he lashed out like the toddler he becomes when he's angry.

I think that Dyche will do well. Everton have a decent enough squad that he should be able to get working hard for each other. He knows Tarkowski, Mc Neill and Keane and I suspect that other senior pros like Pickford, Coady, Coleman and DCL will welcome him. Getting Andros Townsend back and fit could be huge. He played very well for Hodgson at Palace and would suit Dyche's system very well. His big issue will be scoring goals. As you say, he'll be likely to go 4-4-2 and two up front could mean more minutes for le petit maison de merde. It would be my guess that, if he uses him more, they may do well for each other. Dyche likes his players to be nuisances to their opponents and I think that he's a more emotionally intelligent man manager than his reputation would have us believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here