Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dvd player multi region.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
have had more beer than i probasbly should have today and had an accident with a dvd player. which must be replaced before mrs starry finds out.

she wont notice that its a new player as long as it works and does what the old one did.

can some one tell me is this dvd player
http://www.johnlewis.com/Technology...Viewing/DVD+Players/73/230423054/Product.aspx

is region free or whatever. if i want to play a dvd from america and one from here will it work on this machine? i cant work it out. i haev read on several sights but why they dont have a AMERICAN DVD yes EN|GLAND DVD yes tyupe checklist i will never know. dont want a recorder one. just a basic player that will play dvds from anywhere.

if not can someone point me in the direction of one that will do so. (preferably on the john lewis site if they do one - longer story why)

thanks.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
all the sony dvd players on that site appear to have the same hacking sequence so your model probably is convertable

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
ok thanks. i will just from tedebears list and pick the first that comes up with yes for multiregion i guess.

ta.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
cheap dvd players are more likely to be multi region as standard but only the really expensive are unhackable

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
10% discount code for empire direct.expires tomorrow.

Coupon Code discount code: EM3974 and Username: edsave
Save 10% at Empire Direct.

worked for me earlier this week

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
thanks, who me.

do you have a recommendation for a player? doesn't need to do anything apart from be region free.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
thanks, who me.

do you have a recommendation for a player? doesn't need to do anything apart from be region free.

We're getting the Panasonic DVDS53EBKMR (£90) which is on the third page of the link I gave you - we've not got it yet though so I can't report - being delivered on Monday. We play Australian, US and Uk DVDs through our playstation at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here