Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DVD copying

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
what software do you lot use to copy dvds ???

obviously, i'm just talking about copying originals i've purchased just for backup in-case :lolol:

i use shrink to encode then nero platinum 6 to burn back.

anyone else use different programs?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
for copying small stuff (ie. not commercial movies), from DVD to PC and back to DVD, I use DVD Decrypter - free from www.dvddecrypter.com

Not sure if it would work with something that needs compressing, but for a straight single-sided DVD it's great.

I see there's a new version just out...

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
Find out all you want to know at http://www.afterdawn.com
Nowt to do with me, that site, but it's very comprehensive and posting the URL saves me trying to sound really knowledgeable by typing or cutting & pasting!

Obvioulsy I only endorse backing up copies of films you have purchased yada, yada etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BrightonFoxDave said:
Obvioulsy I only endorse backing up copies of films you have purchased yada, yada etc.

i always find these little disclaimers amusing: its still illegal. We dont have any "fair use" exclusion to copyright in the UK.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I find that DVDs burned with Nero 6 don't work on all DVD players.
I use DVD decrypter to rip, and DVD Shrink to burn. Allows you to fit a DVD 9 on a DVD 5, and takes off all Macrovision and region coding too.

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
beorhthelm said:
i always find these little disclaimers amusing: its still illegal. We dont have any "fair use" exclusion to copyright in the UK.

It was meant to be amusing, tongue in cheek, call it what you will! If there was a tongue-in-cheek smiley, I'd have used it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here