Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duty free tobacco

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We usually bring it back from our holidays for them but miscalculated coming home from Cyprus and not gpoing away again until October. We looked at ferries and channel tunnel for a day trip but the prices are stupid and you would need to buy in excess of 100 packets to make it a reasonably viable trip.

How old are they? Let them get thier own fags.....then they will realise how much money they are burning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have a word with yourself BG! For goodness sake, your sons are adults - how on earth is it YOUR fault that they've run out of cheap cancer sticks?

Get yourself over to Gibraltar.

200 fags £19
5 x 50g pouches Golden Vag £20

When I say it is my fault as I miscalculated how many weeks before I got back , so didnt bring enough back. As regards Gib there are restrictions and unless you live west ov Estapona so able to go there regularly, as the Spanish do it is hardly worth while. A friend of a friend lives in Estapona so goes over once a week as it is only a 20 minute drive.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I heard a rumour that 'gangmasters' were encouraging the unemployed to occupy seats in their coaches. Each were bought a free lunch, free trip and 400 fags. Beer included. Meanwhile the 'gangmaster' paid for all the tabacco that would cover thirty people in customs and when clear took the difference between the 400 each and the rest. There you go, have fun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was thinking of having a facelift, but reading BG's postings has caused so much eyebrow raising I no longer need one

:smokin::tosser:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I heard a rumour that 'gangmasters' were encouraging the unemployed to occupy seats in their coaches. Each were bought a free lunch, free trip and 400 fags. Beer included. Meanwhile the 'gangmaster' paid for all the tabacco that would cover thirty people in customs and when clear took the difference between the 400 each and the rest. There you go, have fun.

At a guess your rumour is almost certainly bollocks. No need for 'gangmasters' to encourage the unemployed to take that trip, an all inclusive trip to France and £160 worth of fags for free is great value for anyone who is in full time employment. :D

That's a better offer than anything a Thompson Rep has ever sold you.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Back when I was smoking I purchased duty free off a coach driver. He did continental school trips, skiing and sports trips, type thing. He used to drive the kids over to France (or wherever) and when had some free time popped into the local town and purchased a couple of hold-alls full of cigs and tobacco. Boasted that he had never had his coach searched in 20odd years of doing the trips.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Customs search the coaches from Belgium quite a lot now. They tend to make the passengers get off the coach with their tobacco purchases to see how much they are carrying, then they search the coach and any tobacco left on the coach is seized.
Last coach I was on somebody left 60 pouches on the coach, customs asked if they belonged to anybody, there was a deafening silence.
I think somebody had got pulled and warned the week before and got a bit twitchy.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'm off to Cite Europe in September for a day trip to stock up on French goodies. I don't smoke or drink/

You complete and utter sanctimonious b@stard gregbrighton. How the frickin' hell do you think BG feels reading that? Go on, have an oily rag, you could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here