Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dutch international spotted at the amex photo

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It really is a very poor trend. NSC hasn't been the same since the current busy bodies decided that none of us were able to make our own decisions about what threads to open.

In some cases you might have a point. In others, where people have deliberately set out to mislead, such as today's 'INCE GONE' thread, or Friday's 'MASON SIGNS' we'll continue to 'clarify' them.

A lot of people appreciate it - some don't. C'est la vie.

Remember that not everyone can hover the mouse over it and instantly dismiss it as a wind-up. On a phone / tablet you don't have that facility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh well.

At least you admit your pandering to the hand-wringing, 'family friend at all times', bedwetting and 'getting offended on other people's behalves' crowd. :shrug:

If you say so petal.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In Dutch, the letter V is pronounced much harder than in English, more like an F.

The van joke doesn't work therefore.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you say so petal.

Face it, the only people who get upset by this are the same brain-dead idiots that get upset at an Ernest post every week, is it the height of humour? No. But you open the thread, realize you've been caught and move on with your life, and the next time you'll keep an open mind when you click a thread titled 'Graham Signs' or whatever, and if it's legitimate then it's an extra little surprise.

How long until you start curating threads? NSC does seem to be the cutting edge of over-doing it these days.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Face it, the only people who get upset by this are the same brain-dead idiots that get upset at an Ernest post every week, is it the height of humour?.

Now you see there, you've fallen into the trap of imagining you speak for the overwhelming majority there. Every time someone revives this old chestnut, users complain. Principally because it annoys them. Is it the end of the world? No. But do quite sane, normal posters find these sort of threads irritating? Frequently, yes, at least that's what the mods' inbox would suggest.

There's always Seagulls Chat if you feel NSC is moving in a direction you're uncomfortable with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOoTE=hans kraay fan club;6143203]I didn't say 'van Rental' sounded like EVERY Dutch surname, FFS.

Thnoe OP was a JOKE. Why is everyone picking HOLES in it?

Miserable bunch.[/QUOTE]

It went over the heads of most on here but perhaps had you used Van Der Sar or Van Nistleroy as examples they would have understood the joke

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
My Dutch mate I mentioned earlier, Mr Bauwens has got a new jersey. He said he got it from TK Maxx. I've never met TK, but I presume he is Dutch as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here