Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A good cry? About what?
Soulman announced that I had brought UKIP into this conversation. I did not. You did.
He is wrong.
I am correct,
You are waffling.

I used them as a comparison for hypocracy, one you rubber stamped in your desperate and predictable manner.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just go back to the pic and click on properties. If you really care.

I am about to try and find the post, i remember saving the photo with black and Asian candidates for UKIP, i seem to remember there was about 10 photos on the same photo, one of which was the Labour fella, the rest were definitely UKIP, i did not spot this and just posted the image via tinypic.
I believe another poster spotted it and i apologised (many times actually) for the mistake, this heinous crime. Unfortunately as per usual DIP can keep bringing it up when he does not want to debate/deflect a thread.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am about to try and find the post, i remember saving the photo with black and Asian candidates for UKIP, i seem to remember there was about 10 photos on the same photo, one of which was the Labour fella, the rest were definitely UKIP, i did not spot this and just posted the image via tinypic.
I believe another poster spotted it and i apologised (many times actually) for the mistake, this heinous crime. Unfortunately as per usual DIP can keep bringing it up when he does not want to debate/deflect a thread.

I don't often agree with you but I do this time. If I'm correct, your point was UKIP has members who are ethnic minorities. It does. Whatever the deal with the picture is. I quite like DIP's tenacity on certain points but this is a lot of fuss over nothing.
For what it's worth I believe the picture was posted in good faith. And the point was made.
I call for the case to be dismissed, everyone home for tea and toast.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I used them as a comparison for hypocracy, one you rubber stamped in your desperate and predictable manner.

...and again, I dont give a flying **** what you used it for. That wasnt the point....as you know.
Ill type it slowly for you. Soulman announced I had brought UKIP into the thread. I did not. You did. That is the point. Your waffling over the issue is pointless
Case is closed.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
...and again, I dont give a flying **** what you used it for. That wasnt the point....as you know.
Ill type it slowly for you. Soulman announced I had brought UKIP into the thread. I did not. You did. That is the point. Your waffling over the issue is pointless
Case is closed.

Another attempted dodge, but im happy to keep rubbing your demented puppy nose in it. Originally It was used as a comparison for an example of hypocracy. What part of this are you having trouble with?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Another attempted dodge, but im happy to keep rubbing your demented puppy nose in it. Originally It was used as a comparison for an example of hypocracy. What part of this are you having trouble with?

.....and I will type this even slower for you.
It was announced that I brought UKIP into the thread. I did not. You did. Why you did it, is irrelevant you dopey ****. Nobody is dodging anything, but feel free to continue your irrelevant rambling.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
.....and I will type this even slower for you.
It was announced that I brought UKIP into the thread. I did not. You did. Why you did it, is irrelevant you dopey ****. Nobody is dodging anything, but feel free to continue your irrelevant rambling.
Yes I mentioned UKIP
Now Pay attention you mindless shit smear. I did it as an example of hypocrisy which you took upon yourself to take issue with. What ever Soulman said was a another issue, one which clueless you seems to be screwing up and making a bigger fool of yourself. I will feel free to point out hypocrisy, your laughable attempts to back peddle and watch as you make an even bigger fool of yourself. Keep going chump, maybe i'll get the original quote and break it down ito simpler sylaballs for you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes I mentioned UKIP
Now Pay attention you mindless shit smear. I did it as an example of hypocrisy which you took upon yourself to take issue with. What ever Soulman said was a another issue, one which clueless you seems to be screwing up and making a bigger fool of yourself. I will feel free to point out hypocrisy, your laughable attempts to back peddle and watch as you make an even bigger fool of yourself. Keep going chump, maybe i'll get the original quote and break it down ito simpler sylaballs for you.

No halfwit, what soulman said WAS the issue...that was it, you dumb ****wit.
I will repeat for the third time (slowly) Soulman said I brought UKIP into the thread.. I said that I did not. You did. Thats it. Nothing else. Nobody cares WHY you did. Keep waffling incoherently as im .looking forward to more of your drivel.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not even religious attire, it's Arabic attire.

In October 2009, Sheikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, perhaps the foremost, formal spiritual authority in Sunni Islam and grand sheikh of al-Azhar University, Sunni Islam's highest institution of religious learning, was reportedly "angered" when he toured a school in Cairo and saw a teenage girl wearing niqab. Asking the girl to remove her face veil, he said, "The niqab is a tradition; it has no connection with religion." He then instructed the girl never to wear the niqab again and issued a fatwa (religious edict) against its use in schools.

Plenty of other Islamic nations share his thoughts.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No halfwit, what soulman said WAS the issue...that was it, you dumb ****wit.
I will repeat for the third time (slowly) Soulman said I brought UKIP into the thread.. I said that I did not. You did. Thats it. Nothing else. Nobody cares WHY you did. Keep waffling incoherently as im .looking forward to more of your drivel.

you really are a special kind of moron spoonfed on stupid arn't you?

Now lets go through this real slow so maybe a slack jawed momo like you can grasp it.

1 I raised UKIP in a post.

You seem able to acknowledge this allthough it looks that you react pavlovian style to the term uKIP as a conditioned responce.

This is one topic in this thread.

soulman referenced it, that is another topic.

You get that dumbfuk squared?

ow heres where it really gets interesting. YOU RESPONDED TO BOTH! You kow what that means lowbrow? That means you can be debated on both, you cant just switch it to one as youve slowly found out your on weak ground.

Its reasonable to keep nailing you on that point. Do you get that you head flapping nob jockey? I'm not just trying to get you to respond to some random post, it is the issue as you originally responded to it.

You could acknowledge your latest error here and move on but i'm betting your way to dumb for that.:banana:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well done. You started talking about UKIP. Not me. Thats it. Soulman intimated that it was me bringing UKIP into the thread. All i said was that I didnt you did. Thats all this drivel from your addled brain is referencing.. Got it yet? Keep flapping your ridiculous gums. Its amusing. There is absolutely NOTHING for me to acknowledge, other than recognizing you are a dumb ****. I did that a couple of years ago.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This has been shifted to the naughty step area of NSC. If you can't debate and discuss then this will happen more often. It's tedious, humourless and a pain in the backside to referee. If you keep up the insults then also expect some infractions too.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I hesitate to speak for Bad Fish, but I would suggest that his stance would be that the policies of Islamic countries would also be worthy of protest. He believes in democracy, as he has clearly stated.

Great , in that case he must trust the Dutch cabinet that was elected by the majority that the decisions they make are the decisions everyone must stand by , even if a percentage he doesn't agree with , same as we wanted our stadium built but was rejected many times , even if we don't like it . Then next election you vote against them , that is democracy !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Democracy is the right to disagree, discuss and protest about the things you think are wrong. Just like what we did in the 90s and onwards. If we would have accepted the revisions made we would not have a club.

That is democracy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This has been shifted to the naughty step area of NSC. If you can't debate and discuss then this will happen more often. It's tedious, humourless and a pain in the backside to referee. If you keep up the insults then also expect some infractions too.

don't we have a comedy section...??:laugh:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.

Another country BANS Islamic veil after terror attacks shake capital.
MUSLIMS have been banned from wearing full-face veils in Chad after two suicide bombings rocked the African country.
Prime Minister Kalzuebe Pahimi Deubet said security forces will burn all full-face veils sold in markets for being used as a "camouflage" by militants.
He added that the ban will be applied everywhere in the African country, not just in public places.
Pahimi Deubet personally blamed the Islamist group Boko Haram for the two suicide bombs attacks, which took place on Monday.
They killed at least 23 people and injured more than 100 in the Chadian capital N'Djamena, according to officials.
Attackers on motorbikes blew themselves up outside two police buildings.
The Islamist group are increasingly using female suicide bombers in Nigeria – because they are more likely to smuggle bombs into public places without being detected.
More than 55 per cent of Chad's population is Muslim, according to a 2010 census.

Last month the Netherlands banned the veil in government buildings, schools, hospitals and on public transport.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ror-attack-Pahimi-Deubet-militants-Boko-Haram

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.

Another country BANS Islamic veil after terror attacks shake capital.
MUSLIMS have been banned from wearing full-face veils in Chad after two suicide bombings rocked the African country.
Prime Minister Kalzuebe Pahimi Deubet said security forces will burn all full-face veils sold in markets for being used as a "camouflage" by militants.
He added that the ban will be applied everywhere in the African country, not just in public places.
Pahimi Deubet personally blamed the Islamist group Boko Haram for the two suicide bombs attacks, which took place on Monday.
They killed at least 23 people and injured more than 100 in the Chadian capital N'Djamena, according to officials.
Attackers on motorbikes blew themselves up outside two police buildings.
The Islamist group are increasingly using female suicide bombers in Nigeria – because they are more likely to smuggle bombs into public places without being detected.
More than 55 per cent of Chad's population is Muslim, according to a 2010 census.

Last month the Netherlands banned the veil in government buildings, schools, hospitals and on public transport.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ror-attack-Pahimi-Deubet-militants-Boko-Haram

Probably me being thick, but would the outcome of these suicide bombs have been different, if the women blowing themselves up, had not been wearing veils?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Probably me being thick, but would the outcome of these suicide bombs have been different, if the women blowing themselves up, had not been wearing veils?

i would think that maybe the thinking is if militants are known to the security services (but just at large and not caught) wearing no veil makes it slightly harder for them to go about their business if there is the increased chance they could be recognised by police or security forces in public.

Not fool proof by any means but surely every bit helps to combat these murderers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here