Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] During the match light 'show'

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My query was about VAR…does this have anything which needs calibrating? I presume it is a couple of partially sighted men, a tv screen and an early version of paint brush for Windows.
I think it should get replaced by Bob Ross. Marginally fewer correct decisions but some lovely country side scenes

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So the thought I had on this, is suppose the floodlights are working, but they can’t re-instate the goal line technology or link to Stockley Park. What happens?

Does the ref abandon the game?

I have a vague memory this actually happened sometime in the last year and they continued the game?

Or if they do abandon, can that be right? Football was played for a long time before miked up refs, surely it’s not fundamental to a game continuing?

Jul 7, 2003
So the thought I had on this, is suppose the floodlights are working, but they can’t re-instate the goal line technology or link to Stockley Park. What happens?

I have a vague memory this actually happened sometime in the last year and they continued the game?

Or if they do abandon, can that be right? Football was played for a long time before miked up refs, surely it’s not fundamental to a game continuing?
Ref shits himself at the thought of having to make a decision on his own.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I'm with you. The game would have to continue. Two goals, a ref, two assistants... game on. Although the Premier League linos might have a shock reverting to the old-fashioned method of having to make quick calls without Stockley Park to bail them out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The goal line technology failed to notify the referee until half time, at Villa Park so Sheff Utd were denied a goal. Nearly three years ago now.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
How does a power cut affect a couple of goons drawing lines in Stockley Park?
It doesn’t really. They draw them wherever and the ability to actually see where the last defender is and how much crayon to deploy is irrelevant to them

smiker

Sep 3, 2021
What was that all about? by the time everyone got their torches out and sing song of playing you in the dark they went back on. Thought ref wanted the players off though perhaps the tunnel looked even darker. The there was a short sharp announcement of stay in your seats, so quick you could've easily missed it. For one minute i thought the power was gonna abandon the game! So long as I don't see the stewards with minors hats with lights on their heads next game I think we can put that to bed as a one off.

Attachments

• just-kidding-jk.gif
    just-kidding-jk.gif
    958.7 KB · Views: 27

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At my office emergency lights come on Immediately if there is a power failure, bit of a h&s issue at the Amex it seems as it went very dark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here