Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
anyone else have this?
would be interested if theirs runs in the family
Dupuytrens contracture

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have this,and blooming painful it can be.I've read that the Vikings were prone to this,so perhaps in the dim and distant your forbears were drinking their Harveys from cow horns,and wreaking havoc across Europe.

After a couple of small ops,I still find myself having to pull my hands open in the mornings,and occasionally wear a brace to keep my fingers straight overnight.

Have to say I'm the only one in my family with this,so perhaps in the dim and distant one of those Vikings climbed the fence.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I have this and I'm due to go in for a third op in a couple of weeks time to try and straighten my fingers again. I'm now also getting it in my other hand so that will have to be sorted in the future.
My grandad had it, my uncle has it and my sister has had different forms of it on her finger and under her foot, so it definitely runs through our family.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My dad had it and am developing it, albeit slowly. Using power tools contributes apparently. Oh and Magaret Thatcher is a sufferer.
I had used power tools all my life at work< I have it in both hands but fortunately it does not incapacitate me at all

I have this and I'm due to go in for a third op in a couple of weeks time to try and straighten my fingers again. I'm now also getting it in my other hand so that will have to be sorted in the future.
My grandad had it, my uncle has it and my sister has had different forms of it on her finger and under her foot, so it definitely runs through our family.

it apparently has come down from the Vikings, so you might find that you have viking forefathers , it sounds like you have had it quite badly, I decided not to have any OPS as you apparently have to keep your hand raised for some time and at the time I was offered the OP we lived in Wales and had a half acre garden and it would have looked like a jungle had I had not been able to maintain it for a while.
hope your OP goes Ok

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I had used power tools all my life at work< I have it in both hands but fortunately it does not incapacitate me at all

it apparently has come down from the Vikings, so you might find that you have viking forefathers , it sounds like you have had it quite badly, I decided not to have any OPS as you apparently have to keep your hand raised for some time and at the time I was offered the OP we lived in Wales and had a half acre garden and it would have looked like a jungle had I had not been able to maintain it for a while.
hope your OP goes Ok

Cheers, I'm sure it will.
After my past ops I usually have to keep my arm raised for 24 hours or so and then just wear a sling for about 2 weeks.
I know what you mean re the garden as you can't really do much for a month or so, can't even drive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here