Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Duplicate Accounts

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Only if you limit accounts to one per household - that would seem a little unfair.

I always thought IP addresses can only really identify a general area, not individual households. Btw I'm not overly bothered but the OP appears convinced (on Brexit thread) that quite a few people are out to get him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The humorous ones I get. But it’s the second accounts which posters use in an attempt to support and validate their own tiresome shite they post which I find weird.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The issue of multiple duplicate accounts has come up yet again on this thread https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?384780-5th-Avenue-incident

Now I can understand how a lot of the humorous double accounts are tolerated (Dr No, Man from Del Monte, Pretty Pink Fairy etc etc) but when a Poster sets up numerous duplicate accounts for the sole purpose of misleading and lying to the rest of NSC, can I ask why this is allowed to continue ?

I seem to remember a prospective politician on NSC getting fairly short thrift with their second account. I am interested to know why that wasn't tolerated but other examples are ?

How very dare you, I've never told a lie on here.

pinocchio_PNG25.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The humorous ones I get. But it’s the second accounts which posters use in an attempt to support and validate their own tiresome shite they post which I find weird.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think the issue is down to paranoia on the whole.

Whilst I accept that duplicate accounts are in use, the number is significantly less than some of the more paranoid posters might wish to believe.

Whether such accusations are proven, dismissed or simply ignored is down to the individuals concerned, although I can see where the sense of comedy might prevail.

Yours

JC

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Such tomfoolery needs to be dealt with.

Agreed - here's an idea.

A certain DR on here had his signature auto-amended in every post he made [by Bozza, I think].
Shirley, a similar piece of code could be created that added "AKA <name of other accounts>" each time a poster posted who has more than one account.
This would break the MI5 double-identity mask and we could start to see posters for who they really are.

Where to I sign?
Where is the crowd funding page to make this happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here