Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunks red.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Silly tackle but still not sure he didn't get some of ball.

But yes OP I was particularly annoyed the ref blatantly changed his mind and it influenced by something. He wasn't going to give it. Shook his head to Hudds players. If it was the 4th official then it's totally unfair as they cannot just suddenly start using replays for the odd decision. Remember that Vincelot red v Burnley - where's the consistency - it's simply not on. Did they wait and check a replay of Shelvey's kick out on Weds?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does the fact that it was 2 yellows count towards his tally?

One good thing about him getting a second is he's less likely to reach 15 and get a 3 game ban - sounds silly but could be crucial!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Silly tackle but still not sure he didn't get some of ball.

But yes OP I was particularly annoyed the ref blatantly changed his mind and it influenced by something. He wasn't going to give it. Shook his head to Hudds players. If it was the 4th official then it's totally unfair as they cannot just suddenly start using replays for the odd decision. Remember that Vincelot red v Burnley - where's the consistency - it's simply not on. Did they wait and check a replay of Shelvey's kick out on Weds?!

The ref spoke to the 4th official. It's bad enough that there are refs who overrule their assistants, but at least they're on the field. The 4th official should be there for subs & timekeeping only.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ref spoke to the 4th official. It's bad enough that there are refs who overrule their assistants, but at least they're on the field. The 4th official should be there for subs & timekeeping only.

Yep - and that's twice we've seemingly been done by these complete rule breaks it seems...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I casn understand why the ref gave the 2nd yellow as Brown madfe a meal of it and knew what he was fdouing but Dunk won the ball and shouldnt have been carded,.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You say petulant, I say passionate and determined. He doesn't make all the last ditch game saving tackles by being chilled out and thoughtful. He cares a great deal about our success and plays full on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, as all players like that would. His mistake last night didn't cost us anyway.

Agree with this and in the recent interview Duffy mentioned how annoyed dunk gets when we do not get a clean sheet. Have no issue with his commitment for me he just needs to learn there is no need to lunge like that in that area of the pitch

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I might have missed it but didn't see any of these posts after the Sheff Weds game vs Murray.

Dunk wasn't responsible for our loss last night, we were 3-1 down by then. Bruno was booked after 15 seconds. We've got the best defence in the division and Lewis is a huge part of that.
Defenders are always going to pick up cards.

Sure he can overheat at times, but he's been bloody brilliant this year.

If Hunemeier and Goldson can't cope with a game, they shouldn't be at the club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dunk will be up before a league hearing in the summer if he keeps his booking rate at current levels...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I casn understand why the ref gave the 2nd yellow as Brown madfe a meal of it and knew what he was fdouing but Dunk won the ball and shouldnt have been carded,.

image027.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Dunk is quite possibly the 'dirtiest' player we've ever had going by his record (and accepting you had to knife someone prior to the 90s to get a yellow/death may (may) have been a red.

Loads of bookings! Should be celebrated in song and verse really.

I propose adapting ACDCs famous song to DIRTY DUNK DONE DIRT DEEDS!

According to Sky last night, Murray is the dirtiest player in the Championship!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Basically it doesn't matter if Dunks challenge was a 2nd yellow or not. He got sent off after the 4th official saw video evidence. The point is, the officials cheated to get the decision right. So it's a load of bollox and we are on the wrong end of it. Almost impossible to prove and theFA would never admit to it. It's shite but we might as well just take the ban and move on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tbh we could do with a few more dirty players that get stuck in in big games. .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tbh we could do with a few more dirty players that get stuck in in big games. .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Also those that get in the face of the ref,before during and after the game,the types that chat and chat and chat,that make the ref think twice about giving bad marginal decisions against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here