Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk's deliberate yellow card

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No but, then again, I didn't think it was a good idea at the time. Extra yellow cards mean he's more likely to hit 15 and get a three-match ban, potentially at a crucial moment in the season. And for all those thinking that having one of those two games as an FA Cup game, if he'd played today and not got booked then he'd have played against the MASSIVE and could have risked a booking in that game or the follow-up against Cardiff, and would still have missed one FA Cup game, and would have been further away from those 15 yellows.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
How about telling Dunk to get no more yellow cards and expecting him to fulfill that expectation like most of the other players for Albion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes right decision, if we have not beaten PNE in 109 years away, I don't think LD would've made that much difference, they won we lost!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That was the decision he or the club made. We live with it, we move on.

Today was a wake up call for me big time. I was getting a bit ahead of myself but I hadn't forseen Stephens being out today as well. When he doesn't play we struggle. I think the 3 defeats he hasn't played. I am more worried about the reason he was out.

Not that I think we would accept any bid for him. More that he was left out the last time during transfer window time and I really hope that's not the same issue again. I just hadn't seen anything in the press that he was going to be out but maybe I am worrying needlessly.

Defeat today might not be a bad thing it could just remind the players that you need to give 100% all the time to keep winning. Although I am gutted about losing the 3 points

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For every 5 yellow cards you get a one match suspension. If you have a previous suspension, an extra game gets added on. 5 yellows = 1 match ban, a further five yellows (i.e. 10 yellows in total) = 1 match ban for 5 further yellow cards + 1 match ban because of previous suspension.

If you had 4 or fewer yellow cards on November 30th, they were wiped out and the card count started at zero. If you had five or more, they were remembered.

Dunk had already had a suspension for 5 yellows prior to November 30th, so his cards were remembered. Fulham saw his tenth yellow card, so he got a two match suspension.

Thanks. I knew where he was at now, i.e the 2 match ban because of 10 yellows, but was unsure whether there was slate cleaning at 10 yellows or from a certain date.

I think BG is basically asking what I meant ask - will he be looking at a 3 match ban if he reaches 15 yellows?, which is not out of the question if we're being honest. I'm concerned about him missing games right at the end of the season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
On the plus side the suspension was only one league game.
On the downside if there was one game you wanted dunk and Duffy together at cb, it was Preston away. Goldson isn't strong enough for a game like that

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's not the 10th card that was the problem it was the other 9, many of which were for stupid things rather than mistimed tackles.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
not too disappointed. as I said before todays game we get 3 points from the 2 games in hand we had over leeds and all is good. still a game to get them them 3 points. if we don't make ground with a win from game in hand then we go back into the battle.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes right decision, if we have not beaten PNE in 109 years away, I don't think LD would've made that much difference, they won we lost!

Again, I think it was the wrong decision, but I'm not trying to claim that today's result would have been different. It might have been, but we can't say any more than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you suggesting it wasn't?

Hindsight etc......

Yes, for me there is no guarantee that anything would have changed. The delivery on the first goal was very good.

No hindsight whatsoever. I argued long and hard before the Fulham game that he should NOT seek to get booked, whilst others agreed he should, to miss 'only' one game - and pointed out that Preston really wasn't a good game for him to miss at all, given the nature of their threat.

And of course it has increased the likelihood that he'll serve a three match ban later on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here