Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunkage.

Obvious the answer is yes, but which one.

• Hell man of course I dunk, I've dunked for England.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • I'm a bad bad person I don't dunk

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Rich Tea

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Digestive

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Hob nob

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Custard Cream

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Bourbon

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Kiddie biscuits, party rings etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grown up biscuits, Dutchy of Cornwall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The obvious one I've forgotten.

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is it safe to slam dunk your biscuit?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Mr Universe of biscuits - The Shortbread Finger.
How long would you say The Concrete Finger requires dunkage before it's even noticed it's in a hot beverage?

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Sainsbury Taste the Difference salted caramel cookies are doing it for me at the mo, dunked in strong milky tea, no sugar.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can't do it now (diabetic)
but used to love ginger nuts dunked

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Correct. Stat Brother, how can you call this a serious dunkage poll and omit the Ginger Nut. :nono:

The man has a point Stat Bro. Not a brilliant one, since there is only one true dunking biscuit as the cognoscenti know, but a point nonetheless.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You people are in the dark ages when it comes to tea and biscuits.

Check out the new world method

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Correct. Stat Brother, how can you call this a serious dunkage poll and omit the Ginger Nut. :nono:

The man has a point Stat Bro. Not a brilliant one, since there is only one true dunking biscuit as the cognoscenti know, but a point nonetheless.
Can't be doing with them myself.

But I refute there non inclusion.

'The obvious one I've forgotten'. = Ginga nuts

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Chocolate hob nobs dunked into Twinings English breakfast (no sugar) it's the stuff of dreams, it's the stuff of champions.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Shortbread.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When I was a kid (and therefore playing football or swimming in every spare second) and had literally no concept/ability of "putting on weight" I used to sit down on a saturday morning, open a fresh pack of Asda bourbons and dunk ONE BY ONE through the whole pack.

It was a family pack that would fill up a whole biscuit tin. I would estimate it had around 30-40 biscuits.

I had MASTERED the dunking and I knew how to amend the times due to the liquid being used. I dunked in Asda blackcurrent squash. A great drink for dunking a Asda Bourbon. Just clear enough that I could see the biscuit bordering on the moment of collapse. I knew I had a good 10-12 seconds of vicious SWISHING of the biscuit before the structure would become too weak to save.

The upside of over-doing it was that, aftert the liquid had been consumed, I was left with a lovely chocolatey SPLODGE at the bottom of the glass that I would eat with a spoon.

In a fresh pot-brewed tea I knew I had 4 seconds before they were at maximum meltibility.

I remember once my mum did a SAINSBURYS shop and gave me a pack of their borbons. Flipping terrible. Just not the same.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I have a question - what is the PERFECT dunking technique? The old 1/2/3 quick dunks or dunk and hold for (insert here) period of time?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Exactly...ginger biscuits are made for dunking....not biccies like rich tea...if one of those has a hairline crack it falls off into your coffee/tea and u need to fish out the mess ..that can ruin ones day :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here