Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree with everything you've said, Dunk's biggest issue is he doesn't learn. His sending's off were sheer stupidity.

However, as you originally it is not single moments - Hemed missed a pen at Wolves, Baldock missed a sitter again last night.

Not sure about Bruno though, I can think of 1 v Rotherham maybe a second home to Charlton.

Stockdale made errors as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, in the main, he has learned. I think the problem is he clearly cares a lot about the club itself and sometimes that leads to overreactions. But in the main, he's calmed down a lot since his wobble mid season and he's been one of our best players since that. In my book, we look so so much more secure with him in our defence than we do without it, and that suggests he's probably helped us substantially more this season than he's lost us.

With Bruno, 'Boro at home (albeit he wasn't helped by an awful Greer display), QPR away for their second and decisive goal, the Sheff Wed second goal in the play offs, and they're just obvious actual mistakes. The point is that everyone makes mistakes, even Bruno. It happens, but that doesn't meant we should be happy to get rid of arguably our best CB.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The point that CH has reinforced over and over re. Dunk, is that his mistakes were unfortunately capitalised on. Plenty of our players have made them over the season that have not resulted in conceding. I remember Bruno's at Bolton where Stockdale thankfully got him out of jail, and Derby where he could not put a foot/pass right. One or two I can think off the top of my head for Greer and Bong too. What about some of Baldock's misses early season? Hemed's missed pen. The only two players, in my opinion, that you can pin little to no blame on throughout the season are our two CMs.

Aside from his couple of reckless moments, Dunk has been colossal all season. I know I am a hell of a lot more confident when a ball is being crossed in, at both ends of the pitch, when he is there.

Madness to offload him for any price (within reason).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think, in the main, he has learned. I think the problem is he clearly cares a lot about the club itself and sometimes that leads to overreactions. But in the main, he's calmed down a lot since his wobble mid season and he's been one of our best players since that. In my book, we look so so much more secure with him in our defence than we do without it, and that suggests he's probably helped us substantially more this season than he's lost us.

With Bruno, 'Boro at home (albeit he wasn't helped by an awful Greer display), QPR away for their second and decisive goal, the Sheff Wed second goal in the play offs, and they're just obvious actual mistakes. The point is that everyone makes mistakes, even Bruno. It happens, but that doesn't meant we should be happy to get rid of arguably our best CB.

I would argue and the evidence suggests Dunk has learnt-nothing see Derby.

Very harsh to blame Bruno for QPRs second, when it was Dunk's man, only he wasn't on the pitch, and he was more zonal than man to man.

Boro at home I don't accept at all, we were undone by clever movement for the first. VLP didn't track back which left Bruno one v two.

I would pick Rotherham away for Bruno's main error, which was only matched by Dunk's v Ipswich for sheer calamity.

Sheff Weds second Bruno was too tight, but then arguably Stockdale could have done better on the first and last evenings goal as well. As you originally said its no one error that cost us promotion it was a culmination.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
cannot believe after an amazing season which ended (last 3 game unlucky) we are singling out 1 players mistakes. The TEAM all did amazingly well. Yes disappointed to not be going up. And yes still really looking forward to next season. I a sport like football every single player will make mistakes, some more than others. but in general it was a great team team effort.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I want to keep the team together, but if you look at it objectively dunk is probably our most saleable asset. He is also at an age where if his career is to progress he needs top flight football. If a big offer came in from a prem club maybe it is time to let him go and reinvest. Having said that I hope he stays to finish the job and get us promoted.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dunk and Goldson are the bedrock of this club for next season. He was immense last night. Got to keep them together.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I would argue and the evidence suggests Dunk has learnt-nothing see Derby.

Very harsh to blame Bruno for QPRs second, when it was Dunk's man, only he wasn't on the pitch, and he was more zonal than man to man.

Boro at home I don't accept at all, we were undone by clever movement for the first. VLP didn't track back which left Bruno one v two.

I would pick Rotherham away for Bruno's main error, which was only matched by Dunk's v Ipswich for sheer calamity.

Sheff Weds second Bruno was too tight, but then arguably Stockdale could have done better on the first and last evenings goal as well. As you originally said its no one error that cost us promotion it was a culmination.

To be honest, I was only highlighting examples of mistakes, even from one of our players of the season. We agree it's a culmination of different things that stopped us being promoted though. Nonetheless, we've had an incredible season when you consider where we were last year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be honest, I was only highlighting examples of mistakes, even from one of our players of the season. We agree it's a culmination of different things that stopped us being promoted though. Nonetheless, we've had an incredible season when you consider where we were last year.

Absolutely and for me the team that started v Derby (Baldock apart, I really think we need a new forward), surely must have a good chance of going up next season.

Keeping them all is the challenge.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
I can follow the link OK but it's just a list of contracted players. Is there anywhere that states when players' contracts are up - which is what the original question was?

He signed a new 5 deal at the start of this season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Seems to be a premise that Premier League central defenders don't make mistakes in this thread! Dunk is clearly Premier League class. I really hope he stays as he and Goldson are a superb combination but the only surprise would be if no offers came in and I would think that Palace would be among those interested given that Delaney is not far off 35.

I agree with everything you've said, Dunk's biggest issue is he doesn't learn. His sending's off were sheer stupidity.

However, as you originally it is not single moments - Hemed missed a pen at Wolves, Baldock missed a sitter again last night.

Not sure about Bruno though, I can think of 1 v Rotherham maybe a second home to Charlton.

Stockdale made errors as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Hemed's penalty at Wolves saved by their goalkeeper; if so, that's not a miss?

Players make individual errors; shots get scuffed, headers from a few yards in front of goal are inexplicably put wide, clearances are sliced or hoofed away seemingly in semi-panic, the goalie comes for a ball but fails to catch or punches like he's waving for taxi. It's a long list but these are split second reactions to a situation.
Hacking down the opposition in non-threatening positions definitely isn't and should get you booked/sent off; such an outcome should be the default in a player's mind together with the wider implications of such for the team, both during the particular match and beyond.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wasn't Hemed's penalty at Wolves saved by their goalkeeper; if so, that's not a miss?

Players make individual errors; shots get scuffed, headers from a few yards in front of goal are inexplicably put wide, clearances are sliced or hoofed away seemingly in semi-panic, the goalie comes for a ball but fails to catch or punches like he's waving for taxi. It's a long list but these are split second reactions to a situation.
Hacking down the opposition in non-threatening positions definitely isn't and should get you booked/sent off; such an outcome should be the default in a player's mind together with the wider implications of such for the team, both during the particular match and beyond.

A penalty miss is one that doesn't hit the back of the net as I am concerned.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
AZ your link isn't working, says that page is no longer accessible, tried to check LuaLua's contract a couple of minutes ago

Do not have permission to access page

I can follow the link OK but it's just a list of contracted players. Is there anywhere that states when players' contracts are up - which is what the original question was?

Are people able to view this page properly yet? :shrug:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Seems to be a premise that Premier League central defenders don't make mistakes in this thread! Dunk is clearly Premier League class. I really hope he stays as he and Goldson are a superb combination but the only surprise would be if no offers came in and I would think that Palace would be among those interested given that Delaney is not far off 35.

Of course they do, but two, stupid unnecessary tackles cost us points and his services for 3 games this season, one of them in the biggest home league match of the season. He has several good attributes as a centre back but needs to seriously wise up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is that how you view any on-target goal attempt that is saved, blocked etc?

No, because they are in open play generally. Yes, Hemed's penalty was a save, but it was effectively missed as it did not hit the net. It really makes no difference, if you feel that strongly have it your way, but I don't agree.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here