Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would love to see Hemed start scoring again, I seriously think he could catch fire with a bit of confidence, can't shake that sight him standing on the hoardings at Craven Cottage arms aloft....marvellous scenes!!
It's just a shame us fans give him absolutely no encouragement.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I reckon once he gets his next goal, he'll take off.

4134241.jpg

That's the one, many thanks!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well done Lewis Dunk. He has come in for a lot of warranted criticism lately, but today the guy was the difference. Looked back to his best. Impressive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon once he gets his next goal, he'll take off.

4134241.jpg

He lacks pace & was largely annoymous today BUT he still had a great touch & also tracked back for the team today & put in a good shift. Not a natural scorer but a great player to have in the squad as an option IMO...

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
He lacks pace & was largely annoymous today BUT he still had a great touch & also tracked back for the team today & put in a good shift. Not a natural scorer but a great player to have in the squad as an option IMO...

Doesn't look even close to the player who started the season, but he did track back well today. He put in one particularly great tackle on the edge of our box, so for that alone deserves much credit.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Dunk didn't put a foot wrong today, easily MOTM. However Hemed had a really good game playing the 2nd striker role and often tracked back. As stated above, made an excellent tackle on the sledge of the area and also made many good headed clearances from Blackburn's numerous crosses into the box.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn't look even close to the player who started the season, but he did track back well today. He put in one particularly great tackle on the edge of our box, so for that alone deserves much credit.

Yep - that's the one I was thinking about. Bobby looked fantastic. I kind of wish Hemed was the one putting in performances like that due to age, not Bobby!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Hemed was decent today, He really lacks pace which does let him down. Murphy was better today than he has been but final ball really lets him down

DavePage

Small margins, he has actually not played too badly in most games with the exception of the mistakes/errors/bad luck.
His header that went out for a corner could have so easily nestled into the top LH corner and onward with the witch hunt.

Let’s hope that the small margins work in his favour for the rest of the season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You say not Bruno's best but he said in the pre match interview on several occasions that they need to get back to basics. From what I saw on the stream he did exactly that with no fancy footwork but just good old fashioned clearances when under pressure

In the main yes, just one 'too clever for his own good' pass. A solid 6 for me.

Murphy was the only one who looked out of sorts to me.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Dunk is a very good Centre Back. Of course he makes mistakes, what player doesn't? Warren Aspinall is often quoted as saying he has a mistake in him. Like Warren never did?
Get off his back, we are lucky to have him. I just wish we were more like Spurs that sing about Harry Kane "He's one of our own". We have never done that about any player in my memory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Small margins, he has actually not played too badly in most games with the exception of the mistakes/errors/bad luck.
His header that went out for a corner could have so easily nestled into the top LH corner and onward with the witch hunt.

Let’s hope that the small margins work in his favour for the rest of the season.

He hit the post which came back for Bobby's tap in.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
All those suggesting Lualua should have started, were definitely NOT at Rotherham. He doesn't look NEARLY ready.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Goldson was MotM today. His head seemed to appear whenever they put in a dangerous cross, and he also appeared to have the job of man marking Rhodes and kept him quiet for most of the game.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Yep - that's the one I was thinking about. Bobby looked fantastic. I kind of wish Hemed was the one putting in performances like that due to age, not Bobby!

Bobby seems to be able to find a yard of space in the box without trying, Johnny on the spot, getting the easy tap ins.

I hope this skill rubs off on Hemed, the guy needs a goal

Ever since that penalty miss at Wolves the confidence has drained out of him. He looks like a confidence player, if he could just get on the end of a tap in or fluke a lucky one, he might well go on another run of goals.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I thought the partnership between Goldson and Dunk was fantastic today. Committed strong defending. However, late on when the Rhodes 'penalty' shout came Dunk raised his hand far too high and if contact with ball was made it risks a penalty. Partnership = 8 out of 10 today. That performance will do Dunky wonders and will relieve my squeaky nervous 'game' bum a little.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There's been a lot of talk about how Dunk apparently needs the experienced head of Greer beside him in order to perform well so it was nice to see this theory blown out of the water today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here