Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk without Greer?

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Do what?

The only player of real quality on the pitch in blue & white. I've been at every home game this season & he has been the player of the season. A great game today. Reads the game fantastically & makes quality interceptions from hoofs up field.

The only reason he won't partner Greer next season is because he may be sold to a club in the prem

Completely agree! He'd be mad to stay as well, as I think by the time (realistically) he will play in the prem with Brighton he'll be too old.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is just a bizarre thread. Dunk has been our best player this season, and his partnership with Greer has been one of the only things that has worked out this season. He's played well with Halford too over the last few games, who both were immense against Fulham.
Critical analysis is to be encouraged, but too many on here just want to slag off players, systems, etc -- which far too often only goes to illustrate their weaknesses rather than those they choose to target.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is just a bizarre thread. Dunk has been our best player this season, and his partnership with Greer has been one of the only things that has worked out this season. He's played well with Halford too over the last few games, who both were immense against Fulham.
Critical analysis is to be encouraged, but too many on here just want to slag off players, systems, etc -- which far too often only goes to illustrate their weaknesses rather than those they choose to target.

Yes, I think this thread was pre Fulham but he'd still played well with Halford in the Wolves game (I didn't see Reading game but looked like we were a bit all over the place at the back early on). As you say, Dunk and Halford were both immense at Fulham, when they were actually provided some protection by Ince and Holla. The issue has been that our central defence got no protection from JFC and Gardner (as they're not defensive midfielders) and the permanent decision to play them as a two came soon after Greer got injured!

However, it will be good to have Greer back. He's a key member of the squad, especially with Halford having gone back to Forest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wish I'd put all this to Greer on News Years Eve when I saw him in Waitrose...........!

Re Dunk, I'm not convinced he will leave yet. Anyone scouting properly will have seen a few things that might raise questions (B'muff penalty, Brentford game for example) but might not stop them. Picky I know as he has been our top player so far this season. Thought Halford a great game at Fulham and hope he stays.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You are expecting too much from our young, inexperienced, centre back who is learning how to lead a defence alongside a player who barely plays there. He is stepping up to a role he hasn't done before in a beleaguered team, this is him gaining the experience that a Gordon Greer gained at some point.

Do not think Dunk is mature enough as a captain, whereas Calderon certainly is.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, I think this thread was pre Fulham but he'd still played well with Halford in the Wolves game (I didn't see Reading game but looked like we were a bit all over the place at the back early on). As you say, Dunk and Halford were both immense at Fulham, when they were actually provided some protection by Ince and Holla. The issue has been that our central defence got no protection from JFC and Gardner (as they're not defensive midfielders) and the permanent decision to play them as a two came soon after Greer got injured!

However, it will be good to have Greer back. He's a key member of the squad, especially with Halford having gone back to Forest.

Agree with all of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here