Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On what basis? You see, there are multiple ways to measure club size, and you seem only fixated on trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. By that reckoning, we are 'smaller' than Swindon, Oxford or Bury. So it's amazing that we can attract any players to us rather than those super-clubs, or even Wanderers or Old Etonians, both of whom have won the FA Cup.

All that matters these days is money, and at the moment we're the 17th-biggest club in the country. Leicester are a few rungs higher, but the fact that they were PL Champions and played in Europe a few seasons ago won't mean much if their big-money signings don't come off. Don't forget, the season before winning the title they escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth, and were in trouble the season after that too. Below the big six, any club is a couple of badly-timed injuries away from relegation.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't blame, Lewis.
Club looks a right mess at the moment and bloke wants to play for England whilst he's good enough. Would also get a substantial pay rise to boot.

But I doubt that he'd be "Devastated" if he doesn't go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't blame, Lewis.
Club looks a right mess at the moment and bloke wants to play for England whilst he's good enough. Would also get a substantial pay rise to boot.

Club looks in a right mess? What the hell are you going on about?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't blame, Lewis.

If we're a mess what does that make Newcastle?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't blame, Lewis.

Not sure it’s a mess as such.
Just a few decent signings short and a few poor ones from the last 18 months to off-load.

Plus a big gamble with the manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here