Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk signs new contract - 3 years to June 2026

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He has not reported it yet. This sort of exclusive used to be his bread and butter but Dunk’s agent has most likely tipped Romano long before PB could get the WhatsApp message to Naylor.

How many more exclusives will Romano beat Naylor to this summer?
He's never done 'exclusives'. He reports the news from the club, at the time when the club decides to release it.

Also, I'm not quite sure why Andy Naylor would be embarrassed about the agent-botherer announcing a renewed contract for a player who is already at the club. Is that the best he's got going on at the moment?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shameful display from NSC.

I've got family who are season ticket holders there, and they all think he's shitehouse.***

***Walks away muttering to himself.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto De Zerbi

“Long live the captain!"

“I’m really happy he has signed this new contract. It’s good news for Lewis and the club.”

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Shameful display from NSC.

I've got family who are season ticket holders there, and they all think he's shitehouse.***

***Walks away muttering to himself.
You can't complain if you only do half a job yourself.

dunk1.PNG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could he not just be a webmaster on the BHAFC web site then?
But who cares. Fantastic news.
No, because he's got a completely different job with a different audience. The difference between him (and other established journalists) is that they won't dabble in heresay or – what it looks like the case is in this instance – break club embargoes when they send out news.

Yes it's fantastic news and no, no-one should care. Nor should there be any point in Romano 'revealing' it before the club does, but he's got to get the likes and retweets that his ego deserves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, because he's got a completely different job with a different audience. The difference between him (and other established journalists) is that they won't dabble in heresay or – what it looks like the case is in this instance – break club embargoes when they send out news.

Yes it's fantastic news and no, no-one should care. Nor should there be any point in Romano 'revealing' it before the club does, but he's got to get the likes and retweets that his ego deserves.
The club only sent the media release on Dunk's contract at 7:48am this morning, embargoed until 8am.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The club only sent the media release on Dunk's contract at 7:48am this morning, embargoed until 8am.
So he broke the embargo then?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Romano?

No, he tweeted last night before the club sent the media release. His information came from elsewhere, which I think you (or someone) has already stated.
Yes. So if he announced the news as a journalist (which he claims he is), he broke the embargo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Naylor vs Romano is almost as boring as the Kane transfer noise.

On the topic at hand, our legendary club captain signing a new contract, it really is fantastic news. Barring injuries etc. he could break the most appearances record.
I was sitting here mulling whether to post a "Will Dunk break the club's appearance record?" poll.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. So if he announced the news as a journalist (which he claims he is), he broke the embargo.
I wouldn't have said so. At that time he'd have had no idea if/when the club would announce it.

No embargo existed.

But as someone who spends about 30 seconds a week on twitter, I really don't care either way.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dunks agent probably told rom
You're probably right – someone obviously did. My issue with him – and his ilk – is what is the point of breaking the news before the club does? What benefit do people (other than him) get from revealing news that is going to be made official by the club a few hours later.

Anyway, enough of that stroker. Well done captain Dunky :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wouldn't have said so. At that time he'd have had no idea if/when the club would announce it.

No embargo existed.

But as someone who spends about 30 seconds a week on twitter, I really don't care either way.
Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. But, if he really was a journalist worth his salt, he would verify the 'stories' he reveals (I doubt he ever does) and then check with the club if there was an embargo. Which the club almost certainly would have in mind. But his ego won't allow anything like that.

I'm just old school and this new age 'publish first, ask questions later' goes against everything I've ever done :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here