Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Signs New 5-Year Contract

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Who the hell do we play at centre back? BFG and Dunk? I know people have a go at Greer, but I disagree that some people say he's poor.

He's not poor but he can be exposed aerially and doesn't have the pace to deal with some of the quicker forwards in this division.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I have criticised the club in the past but convincing Dunk to stay has showed that they now have serious ambition. With the young prospects of Goldson and Dunk and the experienced heads of Uwe and Greer, we couldn't be stronger in the centre back position.

Agreed, could be the strongest looking defence in the league with calderon and rosenior as cover for the fullback positions. Couple that with kayal and stephens in the middle and that is some defence we have built.

maybe it's too much to ask, but Marshall + a striker would put us in good stead for automatic promotion.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Hands up who saw that coming?

on the one hand it feels like it will be difficult to keep 4 centre backs happy but then again it's what we had last year eg Greer, dunk, halford and Hughes...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wonderful news. I can't really see GG keep fit / in form for the full season so having Dunk in place will be very good news indeed

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent news. Now for a triple whammy to finish off the transfer window: Tex, Vydra and Marshall would do me :albion:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey to think many on NSC believes the club spent the Dunk money early on all the other fees.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Excellent news.
Player gets a wage increase in line with our valuation of him and we get a buy out clause inserted to cover us should we not get promoted this season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Great news!

I am alone in thinking we got away with it at CB against Fulham and Blackburn? I like Uwe, I like Greer, but between them we don't have enough pace. Dunk with one of them, with the other and Goldson in the wings is a great set up.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here