Dunk - Refusing to play?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I hope none of this is true and think it is wrong to condemn him until we know the truth. If he wants to leave then I will be sad as he has been an excellent player for the club. He has seen others from the club do well so why shouldn't he wish to earn more money, experience different opportunities.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, calm down everyone. I've checked and this story has been misrepresented.
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard that he's refusing to play at Fulham.
Dunk is refusing to play for Fulham. Don't blame him.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
"Player raves about team mate" shock.

I don't think a players opinion about another player that's published in the press is worth jack tbh. Complete irrelevance to the situation, they're never going to do anything other than lead the cheerleading.

You obviously didn't read the article then....second line??

"Dunk returns to the team tomorrow at Fulham, one of the clubs admiring him, with speculation still rife about his future."

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
To be fair to Lewis, when I watched him play for us against Nottingham Forest, he did not play like a player who was trying to get away. He was one of the most committed players on the pitch and the interest from Fulham was already known about. That is the only thing I can judge him on. If he stays or he goes when he played for us he was committed, so no hard feelings from me.

I would agree with that and he always seems to me to give 100%.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Is there a feasible alternative?

I am old enough to remember a story about Brian Clough and Peter O'Sullivan when Sully was reported to have put in a transfer request and Clough supposedly told Sully that he had accepted a bid from (I think) Hartlepools who were then around the bottom of the Football League and this was the only deal Clough was prepared to accept. Sully didn't move and stayed as we all know a long long time after that.

There are stories of players being made to train with the youth or made to stay for their contracts end. This tends to show players do not have the whip hand, but I suppose those days are gone now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mischief Making somewhere along the line...

Or someone saying 'I reckon he's refused to play' being heard as 'he's refused to play'.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we do sell him, why would we cup tie him? I'm pretty sure we would try and squeeze every last penny out of the buying club.

Cup tieing him suits nobody, a nothing game for us which we won.

Not a chance in hell he wont start tomorrow.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard that he's refusing to play at Fulham. Just as he refused to play tuesday.
Uwe starts tomorrow.
That's one hell of a handgrenade you've lobbed there [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]. Who told you this?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Does anyone believe that the club would spend £3 million or so on Murphy and Huenemeier, £1 million on Hemed and wages/fees for Zamora, Rosenior and all the other signings without making the majority of it back?

Can't blame him for wanting to leave if he's been offered 3x his wages elsewhere and the club aren't willing to give him an improved deal, even if it is for Fulham. Would be a shame if he has refused to play outright though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You obviously didn't read the article then....second line??

"Dunk returns to the team tomorrow at Fulham, one of the clubs admiring him, with speculation still rife about his future."

I did actually. And I certainly hope that's the case. But you'll forgive me if I don't have TOTAL faith in Andy "Forget Zamora, never gonna happen" Naylor and his assertions on tomorrows team selection.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ok, calm down everyone. I've checked and this story has been misrepresented.
Dunk is refusing to play for Fulham. Don't blame him.

and to top it off
he will score tomorrow

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone believe that the club would spend £3 million or so on Murphy and Huenemeier, £1 million on Hemed and wages/fees for Zamora, Rosenior and all the other signings without making the majority of it back?

Can't blame him for wanting to leave if he's been offered 3x his wages elsewhere and the club aren't willing to give him an improved deal, even if it is for Fulham. Would be a shame if he has refused to play outright though.
Actually, yes.

Tony loses 10 million a year, on top of revenue. It has to go somewhere, and is no longer funding Kemy, CMS etc.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could be he is off to Fulham to double his wages or whatever the increase would be and we dont want to sell until after the game and Fulham dont want the risk of injury si an understanding has been agreed that he wont play tomorrow. Hopefully not a done deal as CH said we want to retain our better players

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be fair to Lewis, when I watched him play for us against Nottingham Forest, he did not play like a player who was trying to get away. He was one of the most committed players on the pitch and the interest from Fulham was already known about. That is the only thing I can judge him on. If he stays or he goes when he played for us he was committed, so no hard feelings from me.

I remember Ashley Barnes' last game for us: he chased everything, gave 100% and set up the winning goal. He was gone two days later. Some players are pretty professional - they're not all Bridcutts. I certainly see Dunk as one of those, can't see him pulling a strop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports