Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk red blessing in disguise?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk is out for 2 games, so if we don't win on Saturday, he's missing for the first playoff game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember the Derby play off games. We played well v Derby at home, but they got a couple of sucker punch goals. We then went away, with a couple of our defenders out, then a couple more went early in the first half and we collapsed.

We're going into a must-win final game with two centre backs out after a home draw v Derby.

No. Not a blessing in disguise. Not a positive.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not a blessing, but not the end of the world either. Greer will be up for it and should be able to lead the line with Goldson cleaning up any turns of pace by Boro. With Greer in charge I think that frees Bruno a tad to rampage.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I hate to say it but I kind of know what you mean. He is prone to the odd case of stupidity or 'a rush of blood' as we often coin it. .

Just have to look at that second challange, we could see from the NW stand it was a 2nd yellow before the ref even blew his whistle. Greer is slower but less likely to ake rash callanges like that (cuue a million examples of GG just doing that:eek:)....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you serious? Dunk deserved to go as he did away at QPR, and was lucky to stay on the pitch away at Forest.
There may be a case for Christie also to have got an early bath, but that's got nothing to do with the decision on Dunk.

So the Derby player got away with and Dunk didn't, I reckon that's unfortunate for Dunk as Christie shouldn't have been on the pitch by the time Dunk got his 2nd yellow. He probably wouldn't have needed to make the rash challenge.

I am in no way saying Dunk should not have gone.

Overall I thought Derby were the better team and we were lucky to get a point.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think Dunk can consider himself a little unlucky, the ref let a couple of other players get away with challenges just as bad without booking them.

It is in no way a blessing that our CB partnership, that has worked so well recently has been broken up.

Greer is older, slower and cannot be match fit

Exactly! Christie should have walked for starters. (Not that I'm blaming the ref for the result, as we just got what we deserved there.)

How the feck an absolute rock at the back being missing for the most crucial game of the season is a blessing in disguise is beyond me.

What thread are we going to see next?...."Will losing to 'Boro actually be a good thing in the long run". NSC can be pitiful at times like this, it really can. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before he got his second yellow, Dunk was shoved by one of their players, and when the play move off he judo trippid hom over. He also almost did one of his 'turned too sharply aand fell over' tricks. Let the boro be cock a hoop. I'm mildly pleased. But not very pleased, considering we have to win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes they have. Although it was during our worst patch of the season.

I was looking at the wrong part of my spreadsheet. They have, for 33 mins in one game (3-0 loss to Boro) and 21 mins (0-0 draw v Brentford) conceding one goal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
GG wont let anyone down, he's the captain, the leader and he also has a chance to show that he is good enough to get another year.
I dont personally think he will, and if he doesnt? What better way to bow out than to inspire your team to win that game and all that comes with it.

The only blessing in disguise however, is that this didnt happen against Boro. It still could of course, but it is far less likely.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I hate to say it but I kind of know what you mean. He is prone to the odd case of stupidity or 'a rush of blood' as we often coin it. If he did something next weekend that cost us promotion, all his hard work would be quickly forgotten by many on here and his development within our squad would surely be put into question. Gordon Greer has been a great servant to the club and with promotion looming this could well be his last match for us. What a send off it would be for him to lead us to the promised land. I have faith.

Dunk has had a rush of blood once too often other managers are well aware of this,he has let the team down, Greer has had many good games for us in the past but Middlesboro must be rubbing their hands to be facing him at his age and lack of first team fitness.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Greer has many caps for Scotland keeping some of the best forwards quite and goldson had Rhodes in his pocket against Blackburn

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I take it that this post is tongue in cheek or, at best, wishful thinking. He's played Gibraltar, Poland, Norway, USA, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Denmark and Qatar. If it is neither, then it is pig ignorant. At international level, the best he has played against is Poland. Lately, he had played no competitive football. His mistakes at Derby and Qpr could have effectively cost us promotion.

Fact is, we have no choice other than Greer but to suggest he is up to the job is wishful thinking.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
If Dunk is so good why did he take such a terrible touch then hack the oppo down when there was cove for the first bookingr? Then when he was on a booking why did he hack down the oppo when there was cover? He is a liability. Always has been, always will be. He doesn't learn. He isn't 19 any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here