Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Booking - Stupid or Tactical???

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
He didn't look too happy when he got the yellow card and looked in danger of being sent off until the ref had the sense to call Bruno over as captain to calm things down

Is the right answer. I'm assuming that people who are saying that this was tactical were not at the game. The verbals he gave the ref after the booking, the refs reaction to this and the seemingly endless wait for the outcome suggested to me that he rather lost his head.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Thinking about it more, was it one of his very now and then stupid rash decisions getting that booking or was it planned.

Looking at the fixtures we have have what you would two winnable home games at the end of December: Now if dunk were to pick up a booking Saturday that would put him out of QPR and Cardiff at home, before him being eligible again for Fulham and Preston away at the start of Jan.

Now I know the booking was silly but I'm starting to think it was actually more tactical get the BFG or goldson in for the lower league sides while dunkys out and have him suspension free going into the bigger games in January?

Is that a reasonable thought process or am giving dunk too much credit here?

Neither, sounded to me that it was emotional. All of our defence get well miffed off when we concede.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What if you took away the side of dunk that does rack up yellows like a man possessed ? , doubt he would be any better and probably it would take away the edge he has over most other CB's in this league , if i were his manager i would have it down as part of his game , his game is good , why tinker with it , yep i'm sure CH would love it if dunk was able to win games for him yellowless but i also think he knows every now and then he will lose him to a ban because that's just the type of player dunk is , that's why we have excellent cover at CB and long may that continue.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If anyone is looking at 'tactical' play, Greer is the one I would be looking at.

Not a 1st choice starter recently for Blackburn. We all know he is a grumpy sod at times. Playing against his old club who he was captain for 6 years and must harbour great affection for his times here. Lets Duffy outjump him for his goal. And finally can see Blackburn creeping back into the game at 2-1. .......step forward Mr.Greer.

Good lad is 'our' Gordon.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Easy, he wants Xmas and New Year off.
Get's booked Saturday and he miss's the Boxing Day and New Years Eve games..lovely.
Does that count as tactical?

Plenty of other players will use this scheme this week like Aguero at City who got in early.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It happens much too frequently to be tactical

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even IF it was 'tactical' for matches in December that could still backfire. The rate Dunk collects bookings, he is staring a three-match ban for 15 yellows full in the face for a far more crucial stage of the season.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If he misses two games then we sadly have to bring in the liability of Goldson.

Liability??
Scored an own goal against Wolves and got out jumped for Burnley equalizer last season. Faultless apart from those two highlighted 'mistakes' in his first season in the Championship.
I would have classed Lewis as more a liability last season than Goldson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought if tactical he would have got it in a later game to miss the cup which he probably wont play in any case. Had he got a 2nd one in 90th minute he would miss Brum but still be on 8 so some room for the holiday time games.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was a dumb booking, just as dumb as the one at Cardiff where he threw the ball back into the crowd when they were keeping it.

Very good player, but poor control of his emotions at times, remember the sending off at home to Derby last season?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If a player wanted to do that, I suggest they'd do it in the last 5 minutes.

This ... if you need a yellow you always take it for time wasting 88+

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Risky to do it accidently on purpose

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Liability??
Scored an own goal against Wolves and got out jumped for Burnley equalizer last season. Faultless apart from those two highlighted 'mistakes' in his first season in the Championship.
I would have classed Lewis as more a liability last season than Goldson.

This remark was meant to be sarcastic-not sure how you couldn't see that if you read the whole of my post...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here