Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So pleased for our Duke and Duchess , thoroughly deserved as I am sure that everyone will agree here
I’m assuming you’re on a wind up!

Spoilt brats, they wanted their cake and to eat it. Not saying there isn’t institutional racism in Royal Family (as there is throughout the British Aristocracy) but they’ve created a convenient victim narrative for themselves to justify breaking free of the responsibilities and duties expected of them, to just line their own pockets and live the life of Riley. Megan, mediocre actress, social climber is hardly Rosa Parks.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Spoilt brats, they wanted their cake and to eat it. Not saying there isn’t institutional racism in Royal Family (as there is throughout the British Aristocracy) but they’ve created a convenient victim narrative for themselves to justify breaking free of the responsibilities and duties expected of them, to just line their own pockets and live the life of Riley. Megan, mediocre actress, social climber is hardly Rosa Parks.
There is institutional racism in every walk of life within every nation on earth. It just happens that those with a particular agenda choose to narrow it down to suit purpose. Two of their targets have passed away recently so that should enable them to concentrate their efforts in fewer areas now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does anyone know what the Duke & Duchess of Sussex do for Sussex other than supposedly put us on the map (which I thought we were on anyhow.)

I know that the antiquated system means that they are handed the title of a place that they don't live in, but I don't remember any of us being consulted on whether they could use our name.

Perhaps if they actually supported Sussex charities that might be something, but I'm not aware of anything.

If Harry had any awareness of the county, the title of his book would have been "We wunt be druv.' It would have been somewhat apt for the him and Meghan.

Anyhow, I do get annoyed at them strutting round using the Sussex brand when they have nothing to do with us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know what the Duke & Duchess of Sussex do for Sussex other than supposedly put us on the map (which I thought we were on anyhow.)

I know that the antiquated system means that they are handed the title of a place that they don't live in, but I don't remember any of us being consulted on whether they could use our name.

Perhaps if they actually supported Sussex charities that might be something, but I'm not aware of anything.

If Harry had any awareness of the county, the title of his book would have been "We wunt be druv.' It would have been somewhat apt for the him and Meghan.

Anyhow, I do get annoyed at them strutting round using the Sussex brand when they have nothing to do with us.

All will be forgiven if they rock up at the Amex…as full kit wankers :thumbsup:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is institutional racism in every walk of life within every nation on earth. It just happens that those with a particular agenda choose to narrow it down to suit purpose. Two of their targets have passed away recently so that should enable them to concentrate their efforts in fewer areas now.
Don't count on it. Zealotry, bigotry and hypocracy - just another version of rock. paper, scissors.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Meghan, mediocre actress, social climber is hardly black either!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apparently so as he has been chucked out of his place.
Apparently he's having his 'grant' cut so can't afford the up keep of a 31 bedroom place and is being offered Frogmore with it's mere 10 bedrooms. However, it claimed the Queen gifted Frogmore to the Sussex's so obviously it was quite a gift they thought it was!

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Apparently he's having his 'grant' cut so can't afford the up keep of a 31 bedroom place and is being offered Frogmore with it's mere 10 bedrooms. However, it claimed the Queen gifted Frogmore to the Sussex's so obviously it was quite a gift they thought it was!
Does this not now belong to the public (similar to the pavilion) as the gift is now no longer part of the royal family and thise who received the gift have "given up" their titles

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Meghan must be the ultimate social climber . Reported in the press , she was shocked Harry didn’t have more money ! Lol .

She has got her wish to live in a mansion near her showbiz friends in California. She no doubt had that in mind before she even married Harry .

Harry has been taken for a complete fool , I’m sorry to say . She must be good in bed !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Does this not now belong to the public (similar to the pavilion) as the gift is now no longer part of the royal family and thise who received the gift have "given up" their titles
It's a Grace and Favour home owned by the Monarch, gifted as such to the Sussex's on a leasehold basis which would usually carry a low rent. Usually offered to family, employees etc. They don't work in the UK, live in the UK or do anything positive for the Royal family or the UK. They were advised in January that it couldn't continue to lie empty and that Andrew may need it. The Sussex's have just leaked the details now to add to their whole 'victim' thing in the will they/ won't they come to the Coronation. If neither the Sussex's nor Andrew live there, the lease/ownership will revert to the Monarchy.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Meghan must be the ultimate social climber . Reported in the press , she was shocked Harry didn’t have more money ! Lol .

She has got her wish to live in a mansion near her showbiz friends in California. She no doubt had that in mind before she even married Harry .

Harry has been taken for a complete fool , I’m sorry to say . She must be good in bed !
Big Meghan fan here, one of my heros of 2022. She's triggered and riled all the guttersniping Murdoch henchmen who in return did all her (or their) publicity for her. Putty in her hands, Doesn't need tiktok or youtube channels or blue ticks, just a couple of interviews, throw them out to the public domain, like a red rag to a bull - then watch your profile go through the roof and millions pour in.

Absolute genius

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
BIG tick for KC3 kicking the two wastrels out of the "cottage". Good to see our cousins over the pond are getting sick of them now.

But then all the good work will be undone if KC3 just lets Prince Nonce move in. Why does the nonce deserve any special treatment? He has also brought shame and embarressment on the royal family. Remove ALL royal titles and throw them on the streets.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Nah.....me and my mates were discussing it the other night and all agreed that she was more ' dead sheep ' than ' wildcat '

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Big Meghan fan here,
:lolol:

MV5BYTIzNDNkMDAtZWMxOS00YmFmLWJlMTAtZDRkYjY1NTBlYmFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzExMzc0MDg@._V1_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here