Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Strip them of the Sussex title and give it to someone living in Sussex who has done some real good for the Sussex my vote would be Tony Bloom

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harry is a bit of a dick imo, his twattish comments after popping in for a few hours after a year or more away to make sure the Queen is surrounded by the right people just reinforces my thoughts

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Strikes me as that brother some people have, who only pops round to see the parents twice a year, makes a big show out of it and criticises how the siblings that have been there night and day are taking care of them.

“Making sure she is surrounded by the right people”. Oh do **** off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Harry is a bit of a dick imo, his twattish comments after popping in for a few hours after a year or more away to make sure the Queen is surrounded by the right people just reinforces my thoughts

was weird ideas above himself comment. used to be quite different, shows how much a woman can change a chap.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strikes me as that brother some people have, who only pops round to see the parents twice a year, makes a big show out of it and criticises how the siblings that have been there night and day are taking care of them.

“Making sure she is surrounded by the right people”. Oh do **** off.

There are magic means of communication nowadays called phones and computers where you have face to face conversations such as is it ok if we call our daughter Lillibet after you? The answer was yes.
The siblings and relatives live in Gatcombe and Highgrove, so don’t go to Windsor night & day. HM has ladies in waiting, maids and valets to,look after her every need.
With all the bitchy comments about Meghan, nobody has said what a great job they’re doing with disabled and mentally injured service personnel with the Invictus Games in Holland. I watched them hug winners and also ranks alike, encouraging them on their journeys through sport.

Carry on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are magic means of communication nowadays called phones and computers where you have face to face conversations such as is it ok if we call our daughter Lillibet after you? The answer was yes.
The siblings and relatives live in Gatcombe and Highgrove, so don’t go to Windsor night & day. HM has ladies in waiting, maids and valets to,look after her every need.
With all the bitchy comments about Meghan, nobody has said what a great job they’re doing with disabled and mentally injured service personnel with the Invictus Games in Holland. I watched them hug winners and also ranks alike, encouraging them on their journeys through sport.

Carry on.

They do some good work (and so they should), I do not dispute that. To be honest, I don't really have firmly held opinions on many of the Royals. While I would like to see an end to all monarchies, individually, give or take the odd wrong 'un, I have nothing personal against them. I just disagree with everything they represent.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And aren't these 'palace sources' part of the problem. Not the members of the actual family but the private secretaries and staff that run the 'firm' so to speak.

You mean someone between the royal family and 'the firm' is lying?

I am astonished.

It is like a really shit soap opera.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Harry and Meghan did not ask Queen to use Lilibet name - Palace source https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57408163

Carry on you say?

From that same article

In a letter to some news broadcasters and publishers, the law firm Schillings, which acts for Prince Harry and Meghan, said the BBC report that the Queen was not asked for permission to use the name Lilibet was false and defamatory and should not be repeated.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
From that same article

In a letter to some news broadcasters and publishers, the law firm Schillings, which acts for Prince Harry and Meghan, said the BBC report that the Queen was not asked for permission to use the name Lilibet was false and defamatory and should not be repeated.

Did you miss the point that it was a BBC article making the claim whilst also reporting the Schillings statement? I.e they happily repeated it despite the threat from the law firm and indeed repeated it again in subsequent articles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you miss the point that it was a BBC article making the claim whilst also reporting the Schillings statement? I.e they happily repeated it despite the threat from the law firm and indeed repeated it again in subsequent articles.

No, but bear in mind, they won their last law suit.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...rica-tour-prince-harry-podcast-debut-episode/

Meghan Markle Reveals She Had to Continue Africa Tour Despite a Fire Breaking Out in Archie's Room

Meghan said everyone was "in tears" and "shaken" by the incident, but they had to leave for another scheduled engagement.

"I was like, 'Can you just tell people what happened?' And so much, I think, optically. The focus ends up being on how it looks instead of how it feels," she said. "And part of the humanizing and the breaking through of these labels and these archetypes and these boxes that we're put into is having some understanding on the human moments behind the scenes that people might not have any awareness of and to give each other a break. Because we did — we had to leave our baby."

She continued, "And even though we were being moved to another place afterwards, we still had to leave him and go do another official engagement."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...rica-tour-prince-harry-podcast-debut-episode/

Meghan Markle Reveals She Had to Continue Africa Tour Despite a Fire Breaking Out in Archie's Room

Meghan said everyone was "in tears" and "shaken" by the incident, but they had to leave for another scheduled engagement.

"I was like, 'Can you just tell people what happened?' And so much, I think, optically. The focus ends up being on how it looks instead of how it feels," she said. "And part of the humanizing and the breaking through of these labels and these archetypes and these boxes that we're put into is having some understanding on the human moments behind the scenes that people might not have any awareness of and to give each other a break. Because we did — we had to leave our baby."

She continued, "And even though we were being moved to another place afterwards, we still had to leave him and go do another official engagement."

Christ that gold digging attention seeker annoys me

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well Meghan did have the chance to say "no" when Harry slipped that engagement ring onto her finger.

Marry into the Royal Family and you don't just marry the person, but sign up to a whole new way of life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here