Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy's Tweet

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No surprise that Potter brought him on, when Carrol and Linton came on.

I liked Dunk's response when questioned whether he was worried when the chance fell to Carroll.
"No, not worried, I knew Duffers was marking him".

But yes, the time has probably come to bid a fond farewell to the big man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be sorry to see him go but he is too good to be a back up or late super defensive sub. Seems to have conducted himself very well in what must have been an incredibly frustrating season for a player who was our player of the season.

Wherever you go big man I wish you luck and thanks for all you’ve done whilst here. I wish him well even if he ends up at Leeds or even Palace

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I will be sorry to see him go but he is too good to be a back up or late super defensive sub. Seems to have conducted himself very well in what must have been an incredibly frustrating season for a player who was our player of the season.

Wherever you go big man I wish you luck and thanks for all you’ve done whilst here. I wish him well even if he ends up at Leeds or even Palace[/QUOTE]

Go and stand in the corner and think hard about what you've just said.

:lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not convinced that IS him saying goodbye, but I DO think he will be off in the summer. Top servant, but the new manager wants his own players and – as harsh as it is – Duffy doesn't fit into his plans.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He'd be crazy to stay here. He's far too good to be a reserve centre back for us. Has proved himself as a very decent PL defender and I'd be surprised if a newly promoted team or a team like Palace/Burnley/Newcastle didn't buy him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Wherever you go big man I wish you luck and thanks for all you’ve done whilst here. I wish him well even if he ends up at Leeds or even Palace[/QUOTE]

Go and stand in the corner and think hard about what you've just said.

:lolol:

Nope I have that much respect for him, sad isn’t it :wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, "it's been a pleasure" is a strong hint that he's making an exit, he'll know it'll be taken that way.

What a great signing he proved to be, a proper old-fashioned defender. He's got the right qualities to walk into a number of Prem sides and could be a Celtic legend if he fancied moving north of the border. I wish him only the very best, top bloke.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Interesting if he is off. Last night (and possibly next week) shows that we still have a need for a different kind of CB like Duffy, and a different kind of forward like Murray.

Also notable that Stephens has been the most consistent picked CDM of late. It's almost like he's doing something right...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yep, "it's been a pleasure" is a strong hint that he's making an exit, he'll know it'll be taken that way.

What a great signing he proved to be, a proper old-fashioned defender. He's got the right qualities to walk into a number of Prem sides and could be a Celtic legend if he fancied moving north of the border. I wish him only the very best, top bloke.

Very much this. How people can't see it i'm surprised. He is off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could still do a very good job for a lower Prem team in my opinion. Just probably doesn't fit the way Potter wants to play moving forward.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's obvious that room will be found in the squad next season for White and with Clarke returning from his loan we are top heavy on centre backs.

Whether it's a farewell tweet or not, I fully expect Duffy to leave to free up both transfer funds and wages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Possible pecking order of centre halves next season should he stay:

1. Dunk
2. White
3. Burn
4. Webster
5. Clarke
6. Duffy

He's off. He's too good to play only a handful of games.

Fantastic strength in depth. However Potter seems pretty set on seeing Burn as a LB, and I definitely think he sees Webster as ahead of him (and possibly still ahead of White) in the CB pecking order. Otherwise agreed.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This one will be tough to take. An absolute beast of a CB, doesn't fit the new system but deserves more than just making up the numbers on the bench.

Pivotal to maintaining our PL status under Chris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here