Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Had to agree with the Sky pundits in so much that if they were aimed at just inside the far post and not quite so high the Leeds defenders have to play the ball or Green is left stranded. Fine tuning though.

The guy co commentating criticised him...Beagrie and Prutton the opposite.

In relation to this Duffy should have done better with that header in the second half and he knows it .....with him and Dunk (+Murray) we look so much more threatening in the air from set pieces.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I like Duffy, but I suspect we'd have still been in the same position if Goldson had played at CB for most of the season.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I admit when we purchased Duffy, I had my doubts.

But I have to say he has been immense, and the partnership at the back with Dunk has been outstanding. They rarely put a foot wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit harsh - one of Ollie's free kicks was begging to be touched in

Was saying the same thing to my son last night. He's quality and the partnership with Dunk is a pleasure to watch. Could have had a hat trick too if Norwood's delivery had been better.
He would have done had it not been for Jonah Stat having money on him scoring.
Last night he was 28/1 F&LGS, as well as 9/1 for anytime.
Hopefully his odds won't change too much as his goals are definitely coming.

Recently I've been talking a lot with Jnr about how he, in the under 12's, needs to be able to guarantee getting the ball when going for the ball, irrespective of anybody else.
No prizes for guess who gets used as the example of how it's done, professionally.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
After a couple of games to get bedded in, Duffy has been absolutely immense and a fantastic signing. Dunk has looked a better player having him alongside him, and they complement each other. Both great in the air (Duffy being almost unbeatable), both comfortable on the ball (Lewis being the better passer, particularly long). Mid-table premier league quality pairing at worst.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I remember people saying he was a waste of money after the first few games! Really a great CB partnership, and we have top quality back up on Goldson top.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to a friend of my sons who changed his seat for last nights game and he said he was surprised how much Duffy was talking to the back line and roasting them when they did wrong even Bruno. He said he was the one you could hear above all others.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He has been massively impressive. Felt sorry for him being thrown in at Newcastle away. He had not been with us long enough to start at that stage. Since then he has been outstanding. Best CB partnership I have seen for the Albion
Best one since Foster and Lawrenson.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best one since Foster and Lawrenson.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I suggest that both Duffy and Dunk are potentially better players than Foster...in fact I worry that we may have to be really strong in January as I imagine top Premier clubs will be interested, especially City as Stones appears to be going backwards and costing City big time.

OK maybe I am over egging it but the improvement at the back this season has been sensational.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I suggest that both Duffy and Dunk are potentially better players than Foster...in fact I worry that we may have to be really strong in January as I imagine top Premier clubs will be interested, especially City as Stones appears to be going backwards and costing City big time.

OK maybe I am over egging it but the improvement at the back this season has been sensational.

Agree they are both superb - and I'd say they are both more reliable than Fossie. But I'd be surprised if a Prem side came in for either. If a Prem team has an issue at CB they will buy proven Prem quality (from UK or abroad) not take a punt on a Championship player stepping up. Too risky.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think Dunky might have scored with at least one of Murphy's crosses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here