Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Probably one of the signings of the season so far in the whole of the championship.

We do seem to have a knack of recruiting or bringing through the development squad decent CBs.

And yet rarely can a transfer, at the price it was, have been greeted with such a head scratching response by our fans (me included). Who'd have thunk it?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Duffy is absolutely immense. I like Dunk but Duffy is better than him. Excellent signing!

Isn't the whole point that they are both excellent and, most importantly, complement each other. Dunk is more mobile and his distribution is far better. Duffy is more in the old Steve Foster mode - anything that comes into the box at head height he will absolutely SMASH. Great partnership. I can't imagine any club has 4 better centre-backs in this division... Goldson especially and Huenemeier would walk into most Championship teams.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a fantastic signing he's turned out to be. I have to admit, when we got him I was very skeptical as to whether it was worth breaking our transfer record for a centre back who had the start to the season that he did..........................................

You certainly aren't the only one!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Apart from the goal where he somehow slipped over to give them their goal

...and we'd have been 5 down without his saves.

giphy.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isn't the whole point that they are both excellent and, most importantly, complement each other. Dunk is more mobile and his distribution is far better. Duffy is more in the old Steve Foster mode - anything that comes into the box at head height he will absolutely SMASH. Great partnership. I can't imagine any club has 4 better centre-backs in this division... Goldson especially and Huenemeier would walk into most Championship teams.

Based on what he did to Martin today, it's literally anything that comes to him at any height. One challenge was just in front of us and it was like listening to a rugby tackle - a noticeable thud as they came together. Duffy jogged away, grinning slightly. Martin was on the floor, obviously.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I was watching a different game to everyone else, clearly. Duffy was one of our weakest performers first half, was at fault for the goal (not for the first time) and got ruffled far too easily by Martin. Also, his poor distribution and lack of pace means we end up sitting much deeper than we were at the end of last year with Goldson in the side.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Duffy is absolutely immense. I like Dunk but Duffy is better than him. Excellent signing!

Really? I thought Dunk narrowly nudged it today and would have given him man of the match. Generally I think the difference between them is paper thin, with Duffy better in the air, but Dunk having come of age with regards his positioning and composure. As a pair together, absolute quality.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Duffy's IMMENSE header over Martin in the last minute was a highlight for me. Before Bong gashed up the clearance and gave away that corner.
I haven't seen a replay but I was sat in that corner and I'm sure the ball didn't go off for a corner. Two very poor linesman today.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Brick wall at times and him thumping Chris Martin was almost as good as a goal late in the 2nd half

Enjoyed that, he had another opportunity like this earlier in the season, can't remember who it was but he was presented with a favourable 60:40 ball in midfield, which he duly won and absolutely smashed his opponent to pieces. It might have been Jerome when we humped Naarch. Lovely stuff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't seen a replay but I was sat in that corner and I'm sure the ball didn't go off for a corner. Two very poor linesman today.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I thought they got a couple of offsides badly wrong in the second half unless being offside BEFORE the ball is kicked is offside these days, even if you are onside again when it is kicked?

Derosaxs

Nov 11, 2014
Chesham via Worthing
Early on I thought Duffy was bought as a stop gap or decent back up. But no! He's part of the best defensive spine in the Championship. Him, Dunk and Stokdale were the main reason we only had to come back from one down.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was watching a different game to everyone else, clearly. Duffy was one of our weakest performers first half, was at fault for the goal (not for the first time) and got ruffled far too easily by Martin. Also, his poor distribution and lack of pace means we end up sitting much deeper than we were at the end of last year with Goldson in the side.

So which game were you watching? :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Duffy beat Martin up today basically from where I was sitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here