Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy/Goldson - confused???

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Duffy arrived at the club and played within a few days of signing before being played against Brentford. This meant that he had little or no time to get to know his team mates, and develop an understanding with where they would be on the pitch in training,

Which is precisely why us doing business at the arse end of every transfer window is a terrible idea. The squad should be in place BEFORE the season starts so the new additions to the squad do have time to integrate and work with their team mates.

I think it's particularly important for the two centre halfs to understand each others game, and ideally to have played pre-season friendlies together. Pre-season is the time to "settle in". Not the first half dozen or so competitive games.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Which is precisely why us doing business at the arse end of every transfer window is a terrible idea. The squad should be in place BEFORE the season starts so the new additions to the squad do have time to integrate and work with their team mates.

I think it's particularly important for the two centre halfs to understand each others game, and ideally to have played pre-season friendlies together. Pre-season is the time to "settle in". Not the first half dozen or so competitive games.

Probably why we tried to sign Duffy before the end of the window, but unfortunately it isn't in our own hands when someone signs though is it? we can't force clubs to sell players at the beginning of the window and we can't make players join us (however much the fans think that they should be jumping at at the chance to)

You saw how much we had to do to stop Stephens from going to Burnley, don't you think other clubs are also reluctant to sell and that is often one of the reasons why so much transfer business is done at the end of a transfer window and not at the beginning (add in players wanting to wait to see who else may be interested in them before committing to joining a new club in the hope a bigger club or a Premier League team team may try to sign them - why rush to sign for a Championship team if that could be a possibility?

Fans tend to oversimplify how difficult getting a player to sign is and think that any delay or failure is only the fault of the club making (or failing to make) the signing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Another clean sheet against the leagues top scorers, don't think I've seen Duffy lose an aerial duel in the last 3 games!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Agreed. And I still think back to Burnley's late equaliser.
Goldson got pushed in the face by Keane just before the corner came over. The goal should have been disallowed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't Dunk now 1 yellow away from suspension ?

Goldson's chance could come as early as next Saturday v Massive. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here