Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duchess of Cambridge expecting

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I must admit, I don't like cut and pasting, however much I agree with the content. I think it's disrespectful and better to provide a link and let people read it if they choose, as opposed to clogging up the screen with stuff many people will have no interest in reading.

I do agree but this is born out of frustration more then anything else.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
dont think of them as people simster, just think of them as revenue generators for the state. it makes it easier. f***ing hell i would take a professional royal over some slimy lying prick like blair as my representative on the world stage any day of the week. we have an excellent system that most of the world is jealous of. far far more public funds get pissed away by idiotic dickheads on utter shit than the by royals. anyway monarchy far predates democracy in this country, and culturally is far more entrenched. i am quite happy with that.

Quite.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
there is not one law for us and one law for them, there are loads of different laws for loads of different people. its british society and its values that hold the place together, we have some wonderful public institutions but they are flawed and there is inequality everywhere. we can argue all day about how unfair things are but remember its children who are obsessed with things being unfair. like for the smaller things in life, we can just carry on with a slightly mad constitutional set up and some silly old duffers in the lords. its not hurting anyone and it isnt taking food out of peoples mouths to the extent f***ing elected politicians do.
That's my point. Yes there is.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000:
Freedom of Information Act 2000

Part II Exempt information, number 37. The only individuals who exempt from this are "Her Majesty etc"

And I don't understand your clamour to denigrate our MPs by contrast, most of whom are honourable people and are entirely accountable to their electorate.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I must admit, I don't like cut and pasting, however much I agree with the content. I think it's disrespectful and better to provide a link and let people read it if they choose, as opposed to clogging up the screen with stuff many people will have no interest in reading.

that stuff is mostly opinion and far from fact. you agree with all of that? theres some loony stuff, stating-the-bleeding-obvious, and opinion good luck to them but people thinking becoming a republic is some sort of great leap forward for britain are really barking up the wrong tree. the scandinavians are obsessed with their royal families and most people on here would wank themsleves silly over sweden denmark or norway in most other contexts. meanwhile most of eastern europe went on a revolutionry rampaged not too long ago and millions of people were killed and many more millions lived in opression and fear for decades.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Part II Exempt information, number 37. The only individuals who exempt from this are "Her Majesty etc"

And I don't understand your clamour to denigrate our MPs by contrast, most of whom are honourable people and are entirely accountable to their electorate.

that busybody seems a bit of a nob. its a bit like the timewaster letters but without any humour.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

You're having a f***ing laugh simmo .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I do agree but this is born out of frustration more then anything else.

the frustration that there is a cat in hells chance of you seeing any major change in the constitutional status of the royal family in your lifetime?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
that stuff is mostly opinion and far from fact. you agree with all of that? theres some loony stuff, stating-the-bleeding-obvious, and opinion good luck to them but people thinking becoming a republic is some sort of great leap forward for britain are really barking up the wrong tree. the scandinavians are obsessed with their royal families and most people on here would wank themsleves silly over sweden denmark or norway in most other contexts.
I've met plenty of scandinavians and the subject of the monarchy has never once entered a conversation. Obsessed? I very much doubt it. And I'm curious, of that cut and pasted stuff, which bits specificially do you have as "far from fact"? Because I read it, and I'd say no more than 20% of it strays from fact.

meanwhile most of eastern europe went on a revolutionry rampaged not too long ago and millions of people were killed and many more millions lived in opression and fear for decades.
This is an absolutely ridiculous remark. As if any sane individual is recommending Stalinist communism as the only alternative to deposing the monarchy. If it, I'm happy to keep the monarchy thanks. But we both know that it isn't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
that busybody seems a bit of a nob. its a bit like the timewaster letters but without any humour.
I have him down as the legal expert equivalent of the type of person who spends their free time running up and down the Tesco aisles looking for examples of cheating the consumer (reduced product sizes, false advertising, that sort of thing). You end up thinking "what an anal retard" but actually it's helpful that someone is doing it.

You're having a f***ing laugh simmo .
No mate, I'm not. I'm not talking about the career politicians like Harriot Harmen or Michael Goves who sell out their priniciples for a whiff of a place in the cabinet, but many of the other 500-600 who hold strong opinions, campaign on doorsteps and respond thoughtfully to constituency letters. Most of our MPs are like this.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I've met plenty of scandinavians and the subject of the monarchy has never once entered a conversation. Obsessed? I very much doubt it.

they love it i promise you. their shit rags are full of it. you just dont know about it, that doesnt mean its not true. why are they going to talk to you about crown prince frederik they know you dont have a scooby who he is. i am out the country right now, spoke to a colleague (country not being revealed but first world, non european) about kate middleton and she didnt know who she f***ing was. i showed a picture still no. doesnt mean the british arent obsessed with her.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have him down as the legal expert equivalent of the type of person who spends their free time running up and down the Tesco aisles looking for examples of cheating the consumer (reduced product sizes, false advertising, that sort of thing). You end up thinking "what an anal retard" but actually it's helpful that someone is doing it.

No mate, I'm not. I'm not talking about the career politicians like Harriot Harmen or Michael Goves who sell out their priniciples for a whiff of a place in the cabinet, but many of the other 500-600 who hold strong opinions, campaign on doorsteps and respond thoughtfully to constituency letters. Most of our MPs are like this.
How has Gove sold out his principles ? Thats a genuine question, I havent got a clue what his principles are/were , after the expenses scandal and the amount of "ordinary" mp's that were shown to be on the fiddle i hold an extremely jaundiced view of them , I dont doubt that most start out fairly idealistic, but they're soon corrupted by the cushy life of an mp and will do anything to hold onto it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How has Gove sold out his principles ? Thats a genuine question, I havent got a clue what his principles are/were , after the expenses scandal and the amount of "ordinary" mp's that were shown to be on the fiddle i hold an extremely jaundiced view of them , I dont doubt that most start out fairly idealistic, but they're soon corrupted by the cushy life of an mp and will do anything to hold onto it.
I should have written Nick Clegg I guess, but this government has made so many u-turns I think I could apply it to most of the cabinet. It's just that whenever I think of Gove, I have an impression of a VI former stumbling over his words in an effort to explain the latest change of policy direction.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
they love it i promise you. their shit rags are full of it. you just dont know about it, that doesnt mean its not true. why are they going to talk to you about crown prince frederik they know you dont have a scooby who he is.
I'm not convinced they are obsessed at all.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I see the number TWO story on the BBC News site is "William visits Kate in hospital". Oh good that's the big breaking story I've been waiting for, I hope they let me know when she takes a DUMP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apparently Kate has unwittingly made it known she is a UKIP voter, social services are carrying out a risk assessment as we speak.

Well I,ll pay for the bottle of gin and the knitting needle.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I see the number TWO story on the BBC News site is "William visits Kate in hospital". Oh good that's the big breaking story I've been waiting for, I hope they let me know when she takes a DUMP.

You've got 9 months of this!

Look out for...

Kate Leaves Hospital
Kate Seen Sneezing
Is Kate Expecting Triplets?
Kate Visit Mothercare
Kate Buys Blue Paint - Is It A Boy!
Your Royal Bumpness
Kate Loves Chocolates & Marmite Says Pal
Kate Buys Pink Paint - Is It A Girl?
Is The Baby William's?

...and many many more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

i would like to see that too

You've got 9 months of this!

Look out for...

Kate Leaves Hospital
Kate Seen Sneezing
Kate Visit Mothercare
Kate Buys Blue Paint - Is It A Boy!
Your Royal Bumpness
Kate Loves Chocolates & Marmite Says Pal
Kate Buys Pink Paint - Is It A Girl?
Is The Baby William's?

...and many many more.

Please make it all stop before I convert from holding no particularly strong views on the monarchy to wanting to start a revolution. 13 pages in the Mail allegedly about it today FFS!!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm not convinced they are obsessed at all.

drws28py.jpg

remind you of any recent events over here? They are related to our royal family, our queen went, he married a commonwealth citizen of british ancestry, and it didnt even register in the UK. So you not being convinced is not surprising. Never underestimate British parochialism. Its one of our major strongpoints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here