Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I'm off to Dubrovnik in a couple of weeks staying on an island and wondered if the good folk of NSC had some good recommendations of places to visit or things to do. Have only heard good things about Croatia so looking forward to a great week there.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Of no help whatsoever, but my housmate is going there tomorrow, and the weather is curently rubbish.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The main thing you HAVE to do, is do the walk along the city walls. There is loads to do and its lively at night.

Loads of bars and restaurants in the harbour bit but they are more expensive than the rest of the town.

Although its on the coast, there isnt a decent beach there, I got a day trip on a boat to the islands just off Dubrovnik, the one I went to was called Kolocep which was pretty good and theres no cars on the island either!

A little way out is a great village called Mlini which I thought was brilliant and barely a tourist in sight with secluded beaches etc

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Although its on the coast, there isnt a decent beach there, I got a day trip on a boat to the islands just off Dubrovnik, the one I went to was called Kolocep which was pretty good and theres no cars on the island either!

Cheers for that - Kolocep is the island we are staying on.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just got back, had a teriffic time. If you have enough time I would go on a trip to Montenegro, which is only 30 km south of Dubrovnik and also Mostar in Bosnia, about an hour and half car/coach ride away is well worth visiting.

As previously mentioned, do the city walls, but take some water, it's very undulating and avoid the heat of the day to do it in.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I went there a few years ago, also went to Montenegro, through Serbia and Bosnia- quite eye opening. Got taken to a local cafe and given a trip up to visit the locals living in tin huts on the mountains as the cafe owners collected their food.

Lots of little islands to visit- can't really remember any names now but one is a nature reserve where I got attacked in the rear end by a peacock as I was bending down to look at a turtle.

The Arsenal is a good bar to visit near the harbour on the mainland (despite the name).

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If you are VERY lucky,the music school sometimes gives excellent concerts.

The city walls,the restaurants and cafes........the walks within the city.The tours to Montenegro and Mostar are worth taking.The "beaches" are mostly rock,so the islands are a good deal if sunbathing/swimming is what you want.

Enjoy.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I went to Plitvice national park many years ago in the former Yugoslavia.Dont know how near it is but it is a fantastic place.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Went last year. City walls a must.
Another must is day trip to Montenegro - visit Lake Kotor and Budva - you need euros there.
Lots of boat trips - to Cavtat, Lokrum (v peaceful), etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here