Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dry Lunch

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
what are you boy some sort of pilchard, was his best ever insult to ricky.

I do recall that as well. Truly sad that there are not characters like that in Enders anymore. Having caught glimpses over the last few years it really is people shouting at each other and slamming doors.

Jan 30, 2008
So I watched the remake of The Firm last night. It was fairly appalling and not a patch on the original Gary Oldman one, but aside from the ridiculous tracksuits there was something else that kept me amused - the whole film, everyone ran around calling each other a "dry lunch". As in -

"Oi Yeti, come over ere and say that, ya fackin' dry LUNCH"

I have NEVER heard this turn of phrase. Is this common vernacular amongst those who are a 'bit naughty' ? Often preceded with a "jog on, you dry LUNCH" and suchforth ?

I quite like it, and resolve to call someone a dry lunch before the end of the week. Its not quite up there with cackbadger obviously, but I think it has its own slightly odd, curious charm. Try it on for size.

"Oh do piss off <insert posters name> you f***ing dry LUNCH.
:facepalm:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I tend to use the term dry lunch to describe someone who is being a bit boring. e.g. having a 'dry lunch' can be bland/boring/no life.

pretty sure i just made that up though!

i do enjoy using such words as 'melt' and 'mug' when having banter with my brother or friends

f*** off you gobshite

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good film the Firm, Yeti is a cool dude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here